Chapter 2 - Tide Moon Pack

Faith and Jane did not speak on the car journey to their house on the wood river pack territory. Faith kept glancing back at her small suitcase and feeling sorry for herself that her whole life existed in that small case now. That was all that was left of her.

Wood river pack territory was beautiful. It consisted of green rolling hills separated by blue rivers and pebbled beaches. The houses were immaculate and the grass was so green it seemed artificial. Jane pulled up to a small yellow house with white windows. It was small and well kept. Jane took Faith's bag and ushered her inside. When she opened the door two girls were waiting in the hallway. One was around Faith's age. She had long dark hair and dark eyes like Jane. The other was around seventeen and was blonde and blue eyed. The smaller blonde girl was grinning ear to ear. She moved forward quickly.

"Cuz! The infamous human cousin, I'm so excited to meet you, you're like super gorgeous wow. My mam said her sister was beautiful but you're like hot hot."

Her voice was quick and high pitched and she talked with big hand movements. Faith couldn't help but smile at her. Faith chanced a glance at the older sister and noticed a slight scowl on her face. She met Faith's eyes and spoke.

"Hi, I'm Carmen, the overexcited pup is CiCi. We have heard a lot about our human aunt who ran away and had a human child. I suppose sis is excited that we finally get to see you."

Her voice was monotone and uninterested. Carmen had a problem with Faith being here. That was certain. The younger was not at all worried about Faith's presence but Carmen seemed threatened in some way. Faith made a mental note to stay out of her way.

Jane laughed and put her arm around CiCi.

"CiCi talks ahead of herself so feel free to let her know when to stop."

CiCi faked annoyance and hugged into her mother. The act made Faith's stomach drop. She missed her mothers hugs and scent. Although she never had a wolf her mother carried her families wolf scent. She never lost it and it was always a comfort blanket to Faith.

A man walked into the room. He was tall and thin with dark hair and eyes. Where had CiCi got her golden hair Faith thought as he walked towards Faith to shake her hand.

"Hi Faith, I'm Murray, I'm your aunt Jane's old ball and chain."

He was kind and quiet in his speech. His eyes were warm. Faith couldn't imagine him in combat as a pack warrior. He must have been strong if the Tide Moon pack requested him to transfer.

Jane gave Murray Faith's bag and he went up the stairs with it.

"Why don't you have some dinner Faith, you're bound to be hungry?" Jane asked.

Faith had not thought about food in weeks.

"I'm just tired if that's okay?" Faith felt bad when she noticed the elaborately set table that CiCi was finishing. They had made dinner for her. She didn't say anything now, she had already said she was tired.

"Okay, why don't you get some rest, we will be taking a run after dinner but don't worry you're safe here. We will leave at sunrise in the morning I'll wake you but you'll hear the howling of wolves on their run!"

Jane moved to show Faith her room upstairs. Faith smiled at her cousins and followed. As Jane reached the room she pushed the door to the generic guest room open.

"Have a good rest and relax, we will be in the car for a long time tomorrow. If you need anything at all we are the last bedroom on the right."

Faith nodded and Jane went to stay something but just smiled and shut the door. She was trying her hardest and Faith felt bad at her lack of emotion. But her parents were missing or should she just say dead? And she was moving to a wolf pack across the country. Her heart was broken and she felt numb as a result.