8. The Useless Alchemy Freshman

Dan placed his hand on the pan that extended from the machine. For thirty seconds, nothing happened. His heart started racing, his friends were already feeling disappointed because theirs was immediate. But now the machine did not vibrate, and neither was there any color change. Dan stayed there for a minute then the machine began to emit a pale golden-yellow color with black stains. Then a dragon eating its tail began to form on his left arm. The symbol was called the Dragon Circle.

"Congratulations elite student"

Category: Alchemy
Energy core level: 10
Rank: Beginner Warrior Level 1
Name: Jack Daniel
Nationality: Vigoria

The machine announced Dan's details, making the room full of whispers concerning the kind of energy Dan emitted

"His energy shows how dirty a student he is"

"How can an Alchemist have black stains on his Dragon Circle... Despicable"

"He is an abomination"

"He is a disgrace"

"Useless Alchemy Freshman"

"Quiet down" Eldora's Voice reverberated in the entire building, making the ground shake for a while. The students were shocked by what they just experienced. Everyone stops talking about Jack Daniel. "What matters is that the machine recognized him as an elite student. As for why his energy is a pale golden yellow with black stains, we do not know. But many times this disparity could mean something great. He could be a special type of Alchemist, so stop mocking him because of the black dots that mixed with his golden energy."

Nobody said anything after hearing Eldora's statement. Not everyone agreed with Eldora on what she said, most of them took it that Dan wasn't meant to shine as an elite student and even proclaimed that his energy growth would be relatively slow given the disparity he had in his energy core.

Dan didn't let any of this affect his mood, even though he was worried, he put the worrying aside and celebrated with his friends for qualifying as an elite student.

Other students went forward to take the test, apart from Malakai who had an energy core level of 15, another lady from the Netherlands emerged with the same energy core level and emitted a silver color.

Those who emit silver energy colors are recognized as controllers, who are currently ranked number one in the elite faculty. When Jezebel heard the machine read out her details she smirked.

Soon the Placement test came to an end, and the many who did not make it to the elite faculty were escorted back to the Talisman Tower where they would have to wait for another day for their test scores to be revisited. At MSU the regular students are expected to score very high in their college entrance examinations, but this doesn't affect the elite students because their major determinant is their energy core. Those who didn't get up to a 350/400 in the College Entrance Exam would be sent back home.

"Congratulations to all of you for making it into the elite faculty," Instructor Joshua told the remaining students in the hall. "I'll be in charge of you guys from now on, and I'd like to thank Instructor Feng for taking care of you till now. "Thank you, Instructor Feng," Instructor Joshua said.

"It's my job, No worries." Instructor Feng humbly welcomed Instructor Joshua's show of gratitude.

Instructor Joshua was a peak Intermediate level controller who took on many missions over the years and ascended to the pinnacle of MSU, earning him the Instructor title. He was a black man with curly hair. His height and muscles gave him a commanding presence.

"Let's see how well the students of this session performed," Instructor Joshua said in his mind, then looked at the machine in front of him "Read out the details of this year's placement test"

"Here is a summary of the test sir"

Total number of students who took the test: 2345
Number of students with an energy core level of at least 10: 113

Controllers: 15

Alchemists: 23

Genetic Guardians:30

Symphonists: 20

Healers: 25

Number of rejected students: 2,232

Number of Ultra Elite students: 3

"Not bad" Instructor Joshua grinned

"I must say I am impressed by this set of freshmen we admitted. Though the acceptance rate dropped to 4.82%, the presence of three Ultra Elite students means a lot" Instructor Joshua started clapping "Can I please meet the three Ulta Elite students"?

"Sure, the three Ultra Elite students are:

Malakai of Euphoria Kingdom

Jezebel of Netherlands

Jack Daniel of Vigoria

...

What???

The hall erupted with noise as they heard Jack Daniel's name

"That Useless Alchemy Freshman with a low energy core level"?

"Impossible"

Instructor Joshua looked at the details of the three Ultra Elite students. "Sorry for the confusion everyone, it must have been a system glitch due to the disparity in Jack Daniel's energy core" Instructor Joshua calmed the hall with these words. "An elite student with an energy core level of 10 can never be recognized as an Ultra Elite student".

The students burst into laughter making Dan feel bad. Most of them had increased their energy core level with the help of the Talisman Tree, so very few had an energy core level of 10, most ranged from 11 - 13, and then there were the two Ultra Elite students with an energy core level of 15.

"Don't listen to what they say" Aiden comforted Dan, "you're a special kind of Alchemist" He said.

"I'll be leaving you guys now to return to the tower, and pack your belongings to the elite faculty where you will be living all through your studies, I'd like to have a word with the two Ultra Elite students, please don't go yet" Instructor Joshua commanded while looking at Jezebel and Euphoria. "And do not forget, we party today"

Yayyyy

All the students Jubilated, the remaining 111 students started returning to the Talisman Tower to get their belongings

"Hey, I heard there was an Alchemy Freshman that had black stains on his Dragon Circle," Timothy, a senior Alchemy student said as he discussed with his mates.

"He is a disgrace to us, I swear" Chimobi couldn't help but express his displeasure in having an Alchemist with a dirty Dragon Circle

"I think he is the only Alchemy warrior that was awakened with an energy core level of 10 for the past five years"

"He is useless, I wouldn't want to associate with him on the battlefield," Chimobi said with disdain. "let's challenge him to a duel in the battle lab"

"That's a great idea," Timothy said

Jack Daniel became even more famous than the two Ultra Elite students as a result of the black stains on his Dragon Circle, which most people saw as a sign of weakness, compounded by the fact that he was awoken with low energy core level.

Dan returned to the Talisman Tower with his friends: Malakai and Aiden, as they prepared to move into their new dorms in the elite faculty.