𝐗𝐕𝐈

ᵖᵉʳᶜʸ ⁻ ⁱ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐʸ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ ʳᵉᵃʳʳᵃⁿᵍᵉᵈ

tw; violence, harassment, graphic violence

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.

THE RIDE ON THE BOARD WAS... interesting, to say the least.

Grover sat infront, followed by Thalia, Bianca, Zoë, Menodora and Percy. Thankfully there was enough room behind Percy for him not to be slayed by boar-riding.

For the first miles, Percy had been trying to find something to say to Menodora. But, fear held him back.

There was so much he wanted to talk to her about. If he could, he'd talk to her for hours. Somehow, she understood it all.

Besides, he still wanted to ask about the guard she had killed, and about the dream about Zoë Nightshade. The way she had eyed Riptide when they woke up, Percy had figured she had dreamt from Zoë's perspective.

And of course, he wanted to ask why she had said that about being Annabeth's friend. Sure, he had thought it, but coming out of Menodora's mouth, it had seriously hurt.

Although he had told her not to tell him, Percy needed to know about the prophecy the Oracle showed Menodora.

After overthinking about it for another half hour, Menodora turned her face to meet his as if she could read his mind.

"I... uh... I'm sorry about what I said earlier," Menodora said. "You're a great friend. And Annabeth is indeed very lucky to have you. I don't know many who'll voluntarily risk their lives for their friends like you're doing."

"You were right, though," Percy said. "If I wasn't such a bad friend, she wouldn't have—"

"Not at all," Menodora said. "You're a great friend. Not only to Annabeth, but to me as well. So, yeah. Thanks."

Percy chuckled lightly. "You're a good friend, too. So, yeah. Thanks," he mocked her playfully.

Menodora poked at his side, making him squirm like a fish out of water. Percy hid his face in her back as he pushed her hand away from him. "Stop! I can't tolerate that!"

Menodora looked at him with that smile that just made everything around him better. Even the boar-riding became comfortable.

"Aww," Bianca said from the front. "Look at you two getting along again. You're like my adoptive parents. For a second I thought I was going to be a child of divorce with all that fighting!"