Closer

"Alright guys, we got a problem" Namjoon's voice echoes around the kitchen as he starts the group meeting. He's always had this authoritative aura around him, even though it's a little too official for a college guy casually sharing a bachelor cave with his friends. But this evening it comes in handy because they have a big issue to discuss and Namjoon needs everyone to take him seriously.

The sunset is going to last a few more minutes and intense rays of light paint Jin's and Jeongguk's cheeks orange. Each household member is sat around the kitchen table waiting for the meeting to start, with all of them having different kind of emotions displayed on their faces. Last night was a late one for some of them, what with all the fighting about revealing the existence of magic to Iris, then fighting about why only Jeongguk and Namjoon knew about this new magic that can erase memories, then fighting about not trusting each other enough to share important details and... So on.

"Several problems, actually" Yoongi glares at Namjoon, clearly still pissed at him. Taehyung just rather looks away, sulking like a little child. He's not one to insinuate conflict unless he hasn't got a choice or he's extremely angry. Not to say he isn't extremely annoyed right now, it's just that he can let Yoongi be the messy one for both of them this time.

"First things first," Namjoon nods at Hoseok, Jimin and Jin, "I recently discovered a new type of magic; memory eradication."

The revelation immediately catches the trio's attention. Hoseok and Jimin straighten their postures and even gets Jin's attention, who is hardly yet awake.

"Woah! That's big. How'd that happen?"

"I... I'm still not sure about the exact details of how it works," Namjoon scratches his neck as he explains, "one day I was visiting the gravesite again and saw something laying on one of the ledges of the rock tiles that surround the grave. It was this little wooden locket. I thought it was weird since we've pretty much emptied the whole place of not only anything remotely magical-looking but also of everything that comes off. Even 'suspicious pebbles on the ground that might be important!'," he shoots a look at Jeongguk.

"Look, anything's possible, right?" Jeongguk shrugs his shoulders with an amused look on his face.

"...Right. Anyway, every time that I've carried that locket around and met people, the next day when I ask them something about the day before they're just confused and tell me that they don't remember a thing. It doesn't seem to work on anyone in this household though."

"You've been testing it on us without us knowing?" Jimin's brows scrunch up.

"Wait, how long have you known about this locket thing?" Jin continues. Before Namjoon even has the chance to answer, Taehyung jumps in between: "Three weeks." He scoffs.

"Three weeks?" Hoseok raises his voice. If the guys had to be put in order according to how scary or authoritative they are, Namjoon and Hoseok would definitely be on top. It's hard to say which one would be first because it depends on the situation. Hoseok doesn't tend to take charge as much as Namjoon, but he can definitely be scary at times. "You haven't said a thing for three weeks?"

"...and that's the other problem," Yoongi answers, "He doesn't trust us. Only Jeongguk knew, but the reason for that was because he just found out by accident." Yoongi scoffs.

"Wait, but Taehyung knew too?" Hoseok looks at him confused.

"Jeongguk told me."

"Tae!"

"Yoongi, I do trust you," Namjoon responds calmly, "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, you tell us. Clearly, you don't."