Finding Namjoon

You open your eyes and wince from the bright sunlight. Its warmth is bathing you and the bench that you're sitting on, and accompanied with the dazed feeling after the long day of school you get sleepier and sleepier. As you brush your fingers through your hair and notice that there was a spider nestled there. You set it down on the bench and make eye contact with each other, this one is courageous, huh? Usually they just scatter away... Maybe?

The giant clock hanging on the campus building all the way across the plaza informs you that it's currently about five thirty. For the last four hours you've been going through classes marked on your printed little paper schedule. In between you've had your eyes on the lookout for Namjoon, but it's as if he'd disappeared. In fact, you've had your eye on the lookout for any of the guys, but so far you have seen none of them. How hard can it be to spot what are basically fucking campus celebrities? Somehow they stand out so much even though they look so ordinary. Well fairly ordinary, but dyed hair and piercings don't count for the amount of attention they receive. When they walk into a room it's like everyone's enchanted or something, they all go into this little trance.

You huff. Between the stress of locating Namjoon and the time constraint of your little housing situation, you're growing increasingly irritated. Even finding any of the other guys would help you. What are the chances you haven't seen any of them after your bathroom incident? There are so many of them. Now that you know what that Jimin looks like, you could even ask him for help. In theory, at least, but in reality...

He was your crush, wasn't he? So... where did that leave the two of you, are you cool or not...? You gently stroke your cheek while mulling over your thoughts, if you were to approach Jimin, what would he do? You think back to the night before last night, when you were at their house eavesdropping on them talking about taking you out before Jimin saw. Could it be that Jimin is the reason that the guys hate you? They seemed pretty concerned about not letting Jimin see you, but they didn't act as if you had caused them harm personally. More like they were protecting a friend maybe?

You get up from the bench and mindlessly wander back to the campus building. You pass some stray students on their way home from classes but don't pay much attention to them. All you can think about is that you haven't eaten since the morning. Hmm, you saw a vending machine earlier, while you were on the lookout for Namjoon. It was somewhere in the science building hall, where you had passed through during a break.

You walk through the plaza, along a building which has lonesome stairs behind it, across a small empty parking lot before finally reaching the door to the engineering building. You go inside and see the familiar machine standing against a wall in an empty hallway.

Saliva pools in your mouth as you lazily approach it and your stomach grumbles right on time as well. As you try to soothe the hunger pains by stroking it, you realize something important. How are you supposed to get any food without money?

A loud cry orchestrates inside you once more. You pull out your pockets, just in case the jeans that Annie borrowed you had any spare change, but only yarn balls fall out. Maybe if you just reach into the machine and pick around? You crouch down to put your arm inside. You touch the walls of the machine, but there's not really anything to grab onto.

You get up from the floor and come up with an idea; Maybe you could ask someone to lend you some cash? Hmm... Hoseok helped you once already, but he felt kinda shady. You don't think he's trustworthy, who knows if he'd pull some stupid shit like start asking for weird favors back. Sleazy favors, like a sleazy guy would, you shiver.

You walk to the hallway the vending machine is facing. It's a short connecting hallway for another building and you can see outside on each side of the walls, where giant windows decorate them from ceiling to ground. From a distance you see a student having appeared there, leaning on a rail watching something outside.