Begging

"...fucking... open already!"

Your eyes shoot open as you hear muffled cursing. You bolt upright and see the door handle violently going up and down. There's some man on the other side and you don't know what else to do than freeze in panic. Namjoon told you you're not supposed to be here anymore after- wait, seven-thirty? You stare at the clock confused. It's only six fifty-five?

A sudden loud bang on the door makes you jump, hard. The person on the other side definitely kicked the door. More cursing follows and you feel like puking your guts out of anxiety. Fuck, they're angry.

You quickly scan around for a place to hide and notice the only place to hide in this stupid room is the huge tablecloth covering the desk. You quickly tip-toe near it but stop right before. Suddenly it's suspiciously quiet.

Listening in to any possible signs of intrusion, you slowly crouch just in case, ready to hide. A minute passes but nothing happens. Did they leave? You furrow your brows. Neck hairs still raised and chills going down your spine you don't dare to put your guard down.

A few more minutes pass and nothing still happens. Maybe they left after all?

Suddenly you hear a key in the lock turning and the door opens. You manage to lift the tablecloth just in time to crawl in unnoticed.

"...Namjoon changed the locks recently, I think you got the old key. Didn't he tell you?" A baritone voice enters the room.

"What? No, why did he do that?" A frustrated voice follows.

"He didn't say. But he probably had his reasons." The door kicker groans. His voice sounds familiar... Where have you heard it?

"Don't kick the door next time Jeonggukkie, or Namjoon will have to replace the whole thing and make you pay for it."

Listening closely, you quietly shuffle under the desk. You lay your head down against the ground and lift the cloth for the tiniest peek of the intruders. It's Jeongguk and the other guy who came to the house with him when you met the guys.

"I'm just...!" he sighs, "I was annoyed, I... I got a headache."

"...Yeah. Me too."

Jeongguk paces around, fluffing out his already messy bedhead. "Taehyung, don't you feel like... They're happening more now? More often than before?"

"Yeah."

"What do you think it means?"

Taehyung stares into the distance like he's deep in thought: "I don't know," he finally admits, "The pain meds aren't working anymore either."

The pair moves across the room towards the couch and you have to shift your position to keep seeing them. You softly bump your foot against something hard and you see cardboard boxes stacked on top of each other. Some shoe boxes and others you can't really see, but probably something that was used to contain shoes. They felt heavy though, what are they storing there, rocks?

"Do you think something weird's going on?" Taehyung plays with his fingertips deep in thought.

"Why?"

"I don't know. It feels like something's different now."

"I this whole thing is kinda fucked up. Using some kind of weird magic to get chicks?"

What the fuck? Is this a joke? Are you being pranked now...? Blood makes its way to your cheeks in embarrassment, but you ignore it and continue eavesdropping.

"That too, but I meant how much more intense the magic feels now. Like the headaches, why are they suddenly so much worse? The pain's been about the same in the past months, what's different now? Are there more souls suddenly wandering around?"