Chapter 41

-Years ago-
Seung-cheol's POV

"Chug! Chug! Chug!!" Everyone around me chanted as I chugged my first ever alcohol drink along with Jeonghan.

Even though I grew up in a rich society, where everything illegal is common among the rich kids, whether it was drinking, sleeping around, or driving. I didn't touch alcohol on my lips.

I had turned legal months ago but had promised to have my first drink with Jeonghan since he was also following the same rules as me.

"Let the party begin!!" Jeonghan screamed as he poured more alcohol into my empty glass.

I coughed and cleared my throat at the burning sensation of the alcohol in my whole body. "It's so bitter." I commented on the taste.

"It is supposed to be like!" Jeonghan threw his head back while laughing. "I hope you didn't forget to tell your parents that you are staying tonight."

"I did." I waved my hand and drank another glass. The second glass was a hit in my body and my mind.

I opened my eyes and everything was blurry for a moment. Jeonghan had his party in his farmhouse, which was far away from the city. There were only youngsters and no adults. It didn't feel any different than a club.

"B-Brother, I can't-" Jeonghan swayed side by side before slamming his body into the wall and hitting his head on the wall.

I was too drunk to even register everything. Just seeing that silly move made me roll on the floor while laughing.

"Hey, Seung-cheol." Did someone call my name?

Whatever. I was enjoying Jeonghan struggling to even stand up.

"Hey!!" I stopped laughing when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me. I looked at the person but everything was blurry, especially because of the bright light of the disco ball from the back.

Rubbing my eyes, I finally got a clear view of the person. It was Kim Yumi, standing there with a pink sparkly dress that hugged her curves well.

"You are so drunk. You shouldn't have drunk this much on your first try." She worriedly said. "You should sleep. The party is already ending."

"No!" I jerked off my arm from her and drank another glass but she snatched the glass from my lips.

"Mister Choi will be angry if he gets to know you are like this!!" She screamed through the loud music. "What if someone sees you like this?!"

That last glass of alcohol was enough to knock my senses. I almost fainted as she was dragging me upstairs. That was the last thing I remembered.

***

I woke up but a sudden pain just shot through my head. I almost screamed while holding my head. It was no different than the pain I had when Jeonghan had hit my head with a toy hammer, no maybe it was worse.

I opened my eyes and felt the blanket touching my bare skin. I looked under the blanket and covered my face when I saw I was fully naked.

Looking at my side, I saw Yumi sleeping peacefully there. She was wearing her undergarments unlike me, who was fully naked.

Don't tell me I lost my virginity to a girl I didn't like.

"What the fuck?!"

After that night, I didn't contact Yumi at all. She had messaged me a lot of times but I ignored every.

"I'm pregnant and the baby is yours." Yumi dropped the bomb at me as soon as we met at the birthday party of a mutual person.

I felt the responsibility and stayed with her a lot of times before starting university. To be honest, spending time with her wasn't a bad idea.

Maybe because of that night, I got attached to her. She looked responsible and serious when she was pregnant. She had changed and I could see it.

I was wrong about her and she changed for the baby. We fell for each other and confessed. To the world, we were in a relationship but to our parents, we were fiancees.

Our parents were supportive and had two objectives with the baby. Both of our families were financially rich to support a baby.

The gender was yet to be revealed. My parents suggested it to be a better surprise.

"Is she okay??" I nervously asked Yumi's mother on call. It was the time Yumi had delivered the baby.

Unfortunately, I was in the US to get things set there as I was moving there to do my university there. Yumi was also moving with me. Our parents had arranged many things to help us raise our child there while we study at university there after a year.

"Yumi is doing fine. She is waiting for you to return." Her mother sounded happy. "Also, the baby is a-"

"Don't!! I'll see it myself when I come there!!" I wanted to hear it from Yumi in person.

I jogged in the hospital hallway towards Yumi's room. I stopped in front of the door named 'Kim Yumi'.

"Oh God." I exhaled and patted my heart to calm it down. I opened the door and peeked inside. There was a nurse who was writing something on her notepad in front of a baby crib.

"What can I help you with?" The nurse asked me when she saw me.

"Ah- I'm Choi Seung-cheol, the father." I introduced myself as I walked inside. I went near the baby crib and tears formed in my eyes when I saw the baby. "It's a girl."

I could sense it right away. I was blessed with a daughter. She was so beautiful. I got on my knees and looked down, silently shedding tears.

"Can I hold her?" I sniffed and looked at the nurse, who gave me a soft smile and nodded. I got up and the nurse helped me to carry the baby.

"Hold her head. The babies have weak heads." The nurse instructed me. I nodded and followed her guidance. As soon as she was in my arms, I wanted to cry more but controlled myself.

"You are so beautiful, just like your mother." I whispered while touching my head with my baby.

"Indeed." The nurse went to check the other things.

"By the way." I called out and the nurse stopped folding the blanket to look at me. "Where is Yumi, my partner?" I asked while looking at the empty bed.

"Oh, she went to the washroom." The nurse looked at the washroom door. "When I came here, she wasn't here. So, I think she is in the washroom."

I nodded and focused on the baby in my arms. I have had a bad feeling ever since I entered the hospital. I washed the thought away when the baby yawned. It made me smile.

But something caught my eyes. There was a paper stuck under the baby's arm.

"Miss, I think there is something stuck in her arm." I sat on the sofa that was in the room. Putting her on my lap, I attempted to remove the paper but kept supporting her head.

"Miss Kim, are you okay?" The nurse knocked on the washroom door. "Do you need my help? Are you stuck? You have been there for too long." The nurse opened the washroom door. "It's empty."

"Huh?" My jaw dropped as I read the page. "M-Miss-"

"I need to call doctors." The nurse rushed outside as I kept reading the page with the baby still in my arms.

; UPCOMING ...

"You look like a tarsier with those eyes."

"Ta- what??"

"A tarsier."

"This bitch tests my patience every time."

︿︿︿︿︿

OHHHHHHH ANGSTTTTT???

Also, yes there is a change in the format. The addition of "Upcoming" spoiler things

And yes, I did everything in one night?

Why? Cause I suddenly decided "Hey, how about I add this thing in my chapter? It will be exciting!" Then realised I had 40 chapters released.

Yes, I dug my own grave and edited everything in one night