Chapter 05

"You know, despite his job, he is still a lot older than you." Eunji looked away from her and opened her phone to look at the time.

"Forget it." Jiyoon turned around and walked away, outside the restaurant. Eunji didn't even look back at her after she walked away.

"The rich kids are always so arrogant." Soomin scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Dino came out of the washroom and went to the car parked outside but he didn't see Jiyoon inside there. Her phone was also inside.

He cursed to himself and looked around but there was no sight of her. He went inside the restaurant and to the desk. "Excuse me, did you see a girl about 153 centimeters tall wearing sports clothes outside??"

"I think I saw a small girl talking to them." The boy on the desk pointed at Eunji and Soomin sitting beside the window, who were paying the bill to the waiter. Dino instantly recognised Eunji.

"Excuse me." Dino rushed to Eunji and called her out.

She looked up at him and said, "Oh, you are that driver?"

"Yes. I remember you. Thank you that day for saving her." Dino gulped and was sweating.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Soomin asked the man who looked like he could faint.

"Did you see Miss Jiyoon?!" Dino nervously asked.

"Jiyoon? That girl?" Eunji asked.

"Yes!!" Dino quickly nodded.

"I don't know." Eunji looked down and continued to put her things inside her bag.

"HUH?!" Dino's eyes went wide.

"Ugh, ignore her. Are you talking about a girl in a sports uniform?" Soomin tried to handle the situation. Eunji ignored them and closed her bag as she was finished packing up.

"Yes yes!!" Dino looked at her. "She is not outside nor in the car."

"She went out of the restaurant. I don't know where she went." Soomin shook her head.

"Oh no no!!" Dino grabbed his head. "I'm going to lose my job."

"Mister, let's not panic. Let's look for her together." Soomin got up and tried to calm the panicking man.

"Huhhh." Eunji looked at her with a disgusted face. Soomin glared at her.

"Really?" Poor Dino already had tears in his eyes.

"Yes, let's go." Soomin smiled. Eunji grabbed her bag and followed them outside the restaurant.

"What's her full name?" Soomin asked as Dino was locking the car.

"It's Miss Choi Jiyoon, Miss Young Lady." Dino said politely.

"Choi Jiyoon is it." Soomin smiled and looked at Eunji was clearly wasn't interested in that disrespectful child. "You heard the name, right?"

"Whatever." Eunji rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Is she going back? I'm sorry for distributing your time." Dino bowed to her.

"Don't worry, I know her. She is going to look for Choi Jiyoon." Soomin smiled while patting Dino's shoulder.

Eunji walked around the area while searching for a girl in the dark red tracksuit. No matter how much she just wanted to turn around and walk back to her house, she still stayed because she was still a child.

"That little girl was clearly rich. I mean, who would be in the right mind to give that hair accessory to such a young child?" A woman spoke up.

"Her family must be very rich." The man beside her continued the conversation.

"Excuse me?" Eunji called out the couple walking beside her. "Did the girl you are talking about wear a dark red tracksuit?"

"Oh, yes. She did." The woman was surprised but still answered her question.

"Can you tell me where you saw her? I was babysitting her but we got separated." Eunji said.

The couple felt a little weird because she said that with an expressionless face but still gave her directions.

"Did we do the right thing?" The woman worriedly asked.

"Maybe." The man shrugged. "Anyways, where does my honey want to go on her birthday?" The man smiled at her and they laughed while walking away.

"What a great child. First, disrespecting the elders, and now, throwing tantrums?" Eunji said as she put her hand on Jiyoon's shoulder. Jiyoon jumped and turned around.

Jiyoon's rude straight face suddenly smiled seeing Eunji. "Hey, how are you doing?"

"Why did you suddenly run?" Eunji asked and crossed her arms. "Your driver was worried about you."

"I-"

"There she is." They turned around at the new voice. It was a group of students who looked around Jiyoon's but more taller, even more than Eunji.

"Where did you suddenly run off?" The girl in front covered her mouth to smile. Eunji moved her eyes to look at Jiyoon but she was looking down while holding her arm.

"Who is she?" One of the three boys asked while looking at Eunji.

"No one." Jiyoon instantly replied. Eunji squinted her eyes at the sudden nervous tone of Jiyoon. She was all confident and outgoing a second ago.

"Miss, she is our friend. Let's go, Choi Jiyoon." The other girl smiled at Eunji. "We were hanging together but she suddenly ran off. She is like this."

'Lie', Eunji thought because she knew Jiyoon was all along with her driver.

"I can't. My driver is waiting for me." Jiyoon tried to decline but that girl had started to walk towards her.

"It's okay. We know your driver is nice and can wait as you hang out with your friends." The girl kept on smiling and held Jiyun's arm.

"S-She is my caretaker. She came to pick me up." Jiyoon looked at Eunji with her eyes clearly asking for help.

"Is that so?" The girl's smile fell and she looked at Eunji with cold eyes.

Eunji saw the opportunity and smirked. She put her hand on Jiyoon's shoulder and whispered a deal that caught the athlete girl off guard.

"I'll only help you if you agree to apologise to your driver."

; UPCOMING ...

"She doesn't have a mother. She is motherless."

"She has more manners than children who have mothers. Those children are you."

"Um... I also don't have a mother."

︿︿︿︿︿

And whoops-