Chapter 15

"They are in their playroom. I locked them in since I didn't know if you would like them." Minhae spoke up. "Louis is aggressive with the guests."

"Oh please bring them down. I want to meet them." Eunji requested.

"Oh well, I'll do it." Minhae nodded and quickly went away to get the dogs.

Eunji picked up the notebook and started reading the schedule again. "I feel like it's too hectic for a 12-year-old."

"I had warned her but she insisted on doing extra lessons." He bent forward to fill up his glass again. "I only made her join the academic and English lessons."

"What about badminton?"

"She had been playing it since she was little because her grandfather introduced it to her. It was also her own choice to play it professionally." He proceeded to put ice in the drink.

There were sounds of sharp paws clattering on the ground and two dogs ran towards them while wiggling their tails.

"Louis, Josh!" Minhae called out the dogs. They both went to Seung-cheol, who instantly smiled seeing them. He put his glass down to pat them.

Louis saw Eunji and ran to her. He had jumped up towards her face with his feet on her lap. "Why so excited?" Eunji smiled while caressing him.

"I'm sorry, I'll get him down." Minhae grabbed Louis's collar but he barked at her, which made her move away.

"It's okay. I love dogs." Eunji nodded and scratched under his neck, which made him more happy. "Josh, come here."

The big fluff dog ran to her to get pats from her also. "Louis." Seung-cheol called him out but he didn't listen to him and ignored him. "I swear if he does this to every guest, he is going to get us robbed."

"He won't do that, right Louis? You are going to bite the bad people off, right? Right?" Whenever she said right, Louis happily barked at her.

"Do you also have a dog?" He tilted his head and watched his dogs play with her.

"I had one. A beagul." She replied to his question. "Why do you ask?"

"Because of the way you talk, I have never seen a person without a dog do that. It's mostly the dog owners who talk like that, especially in that voice." Seung-cheol picked up his glass. "You also knew where to scratch a dog to make him happy."

"Thank you for the compliment." Eunji smiled at Josh, who climbed on the sofa.

"Josh." Minhae called out at his behaviour.

"It's fine as long as you don't have a problem with your dogs being on the sofa." Eunji waved her hand.

"We don't." Seung-cheol shook his head and turned his head down when he felt something heavy on his lap.

Eunji's eyes showed stars when she saw an American shorthair cat with a white over her neck stretching on Seung-cheol's lap.

"How many pets do you have??" Eunji asked with her mouth hung open.

"She is the last one. Our family loves pets." Seung-cheol caressed her back, to which she stretched her arms more and pushed her head in his big hand. "Lily."

"She is enough to convince me to stay here." Eunji told the truth and that made him laugh.

"Sure." He finished the glass and put it on the table.

"Is she going to come here?" She asked. Seung-cheol could see she was desperate.

"She is a stubborn one." He closed his eyes and shook his head. "She only stays with me." She sighed in disappointment.

"Miss Eunji!" Jiyoon called out as she ran downstairs and jogged towards her. "Hello!"

"Hey, Jiyoon. How are you?" Eunji asked and the dogs ran towards Jiyoon, who crouched down to hug her dogs.

Eunji looked at the lady with a suitcase that also came. "Greetings, Mister Choi." The lady bowed to him. "I'll get going." With that, she went away.

"She was the English teacher." Seung-cheol informed the confused Eunji, who nodded in return.

"I should also get going." Eunji stood up.

"You always go whenever I come." Jiyoon frowned and pouted her lips.

"I'll come tomorrow at 5 am." Eunji waved at Jiyoon. "You can give me a house tour and introduce me to new things."

"You can stay for dinner." Seung-cheol stood up. Lily jumped up to sit on his shoulder and stared at Eunji with sharp eyes.

"It's better I start everything together. I'm taking the notebook." Eunji bowed to them and went to the door. The dogs ran behind her to the door.

"Minhae, call Dino and tell him to drop her off." Seung-cheol looked at Minhae.

"Bye, Louis and Josh." Eunji waved at the dogs. "Bye, Director Choi and Jiyun." She also waved at them and walked out.

Jiyoon clearly looked disappointed and started walking to the stairs. The dogs now ran behind her.

"Jiyoon, eat dinner!!" Seung-cheol put his hands on his hips and shouted at her as she was already walking up.

"I'm not hungry!!" She shouted back and ran more up in her room. He slapped his forehead, worrying about her tantrums.

"Girls her age go through puberty." Minhae tried to lighten the atmosphere. "It's normal for them to reject or whine for something."

"It's a good thing I hired Eunji for that." Seung-cheol grabbed Lily and grabbed her in his arms. "I hope she teaches her well."

"I have a feeling. She will be a great help." Minhae smiled. "The chef is done with the food as well."

"Tell him he can eat Jiyoon's portion." Seung-cheol said while walking upstairs. "I'll be back after changing."

"I'll surely pass your words to him."

; UPCOMING ...

"Oh, Seung-cheol told me about you. He told me to prepare a meal for you as well."

"Seung-cheol? "Oh, you mean Mister Choi."

"Greetings, I'm Hong Joshua, his family's chef."

︿︿︿︿︿

1K reads :D