| Corvair | 50 |

We all took off running. He was fairly close to the house. We turned the corner and saw that there were five Socs on him. We all ran over and started getting them off Ponyboy, we chased them back to their red Corvair. Some of us were hitting them through the windows, unfortunately one of them got a good punch in on Steve's nose. We threw rocks and anything that looked heavy at them. One of us managed to dent their door, don't mess with Greasers. Dally threw a comically large stick to the retreating car, I don't know why, but he did. We chased them down the street shouting and throwing shit, Sodapop didn't though, he went back to Ponyboy.

    When the Socs were gone we all went back over to where Pony was, he didn't look too bad, he had a cut on his neck that was bleeding a lot but other than that he was fine. He did look on the verge of tears though. All three of the brothers were talking amongst themselves, Darry looked annoyed for some reason.

"Did ya catch 'em?" Pony asks

"Nope. They got away, the no good, madras wearin', Corvair drivin', stupid hair, boozehound.." Two-Bit went on relentlessly making fun of them and calling them every name under the sun.

Dal came strutting over "The kid's okay?" Ponyboy nodded.

Dal lit two cigarettes and handed one to Johnny and started taking a drag off the other, then everyone was smoking, well except me and Soda. I don't particularly enjoy my throat closing and having trouble breathing so I got up and stood a few feet away. I wasn't sure why my body did that if there was too much smoke, it just did. I went to a doctor when I was 8 for it and they said everything was normal so I guess everyone gets that?

    I leaned against a tree breathing in the cold air and trying to get my throat completely open again. I had to cough a few times before regaining my full breathing capacity. After a couple minutes they were all done with their cigarettes so I walked back over and stood next to Johnny.

"-I'm walkin' over to the Nightly Double tomorrow night. Anybody want to come and hunt some action?" Dally asks. That's a grease Drive-In right? I think it is.

Steve shakes his head "Me and Soda are picking up Sandy and going racing."

Darry sighs "Can't, I'm working tomorrow night."

Dally looked at those of us who hadn't said anything yet "What about y'all? Two-Bit? Pony? Johnnycake, you and Stacy wanna come?"

"I'll go." Pony turns to Darry "Wait- can I?"

Darry nods "Yeah, since there isn't school tomorrow either." There isn't?

Johnny looked over at me and raised his brows, asking without asking. "Sure, why not."  Maybe it'll take some stress off my shoulders or something, I can't remember the last time I went out and did something like that. Hopefully it'll just be a nice stress free night.

"I was planning on getting boozed up tomorrow night" Two-Bit says "If I don't I'll walk over and find y'all."

I look over at Steve and Soda who had been leaning against some ol' car to see Steve attempt a flip off of it and fail. I laughed pretty hard. He ran off after.

Two-Bit walked over and got into his car "You guys wanna give me a push start?"

"Not really but we will." Ponyboy said walking towards the back of the car, me and Johnny did the same. We pushed the car a few feet before we heard the engine kick up and he drove off.

"Hey I think I'm going to head home, I'm quite tired and might just go crash." I say. That was only really half true, I was tired but I actually just wanted to go see if my brothers were back.