| Answered | 43 |

The rest of my shift went okay, I zoned out again and just kept replying my dreams from last night, especially the second one. I never thought I wanted a fancy wedding, I always thought I would just go to a courthouse or something. But the more I thought about it the more I do want a big wedding, I want the flowers, I want the cake, I want the dancing, I want the unnecessarily big dress. Why did I think I didn't want that before? Oh.. it's because of Jesse. He thought that stuff was tacky and told me that so often I guess I started thinking that too. Is there anything that asshole didn't ruin?

       Jesse has unfortunately been on my mind lately, I don't know why. More things are starting to remind me of him in all the terrible ways. Maybe it's because it's getter colder and that's when we dated? I don't know. Maybe it's a sign from the universe for something, I just don't know what. I'm a little scared to find out.

     I left to take my brothers home and when I got back Steve was there so Soda came back into the shop. I think he knew I wasn't fully there so he just left me alone off in my own little world. When work ended I walked to the store to buy the ingredients for dinner tomorrow. I didn't know what we had and didn't have so I just bought everything to be sure, which included like ten different spices because my dad really liked to season stuff and it's his recipe. It's ridiculously delicious.

     I got home and put everything away, searched for the recipe card for thirty minutes, then spent a little white cleaning up the downstairs. My brothers were both off in their rooms and I was bored so I went over to the Curtis's. I walked in to half of the gang playing poker and the other half in the living looking half dead while Two-Bit sat three inches away from the screen watching Mickey Mouse. Why does he like those cartoons so much?

I got a beer from the fridge and sat next to Ponyboy on the couch "Hey kiddo."

"Hi Stacy."

I crack open the beer "How's school going?"

"It's going... me and Josie are doing good too." He softly smiles

I grin "That's great to hear, I'm happy for you."

"What about you? How're you doing?"

"I'm alright, pretty stressed, but for once I can't say I'm tired so that's something."

Two-Bit snickers "Oh yeah I bet you got some real good sleep" he says quietly

I take a sip of beer "Sorry what was that?"

He turns around and winks "I'm sure it's easier to sleep when you aren't alone."

Ponyboy looks at me and turns slightly red "No no, nothing like that." I turn back to Two "How do you know about that?"

He smiles "Steve." I bet Soda told him... which means everyone knows.

"That's just great." This beer tastes like shit, what is it? I stand up and walk into the kitchen where the poker game is taking place. I sit beside Johnny, obviously. "Hey handsome"

I kiss his cheek "Hi gorgeous."

"Can I join?" I sit up straight

"NO." Soda, Steve, and Dally say in unison. It slightly startles me "We like a fair fight." Steve says

"Hey I play fair! Not my fault you guys are shit at poker." Dally glares at me. I don't think he's over the August thing yet, I don't blame him I'm not either. "Fine I'll just watch"

     And I do watch, I watch Steve lose so much he gets frustrated and storms out to have a smoke, only to realize he owed all his cigarettes to Dallas. I watched Johnny get five dollars and lose four cigarettes. Soda lost a dollar but got it back. When everybody got tired of playing we went back into the living room and just talked amongst ourselves. I leaned my head on Johnny shoulder and started falling asleep, and I was almost passed out till Two-Bit and Steve had to start talking.