| New | 1 |

We were 9 hours into our drive when I was woken up by yelling behind me. It was my two idiot brothers in the backseat.

"Mom! Theo stole it and won't give it back!" My youngest brother August said. He was 14, he had red hair, hazel eyes, and he was tall, at just 14 he was  already 5'7.

"It was mine in the first place!" My second youngest brother said ripping whatever it was out of Augusts hands. His name was Theodore but we all called him Theo, he was 16. He had short black curly hair, greenish gray eyes, deep dark skin, glasses, and he was also tall being 6'1. He was the black sheep of the family, but he didn't used to be. He looks just like our Dad and brother Richard.

     They were fighting over something but I couldn't see what it was, I didn't care I just wanted to go back to sleep. I didn't want to be on the road, I hated leaving California. Why did we have to go to Oklahoma of all places? I don't like change.

"Boys stop fighting." My mother said sternly. She was gorgeous, I love her. She has blonde hair, green eyes, freckled skin, and she was the sweetest kindest person to every walk the face of this earth.

"Yeah shut up!" I yelled at them. I have dirty blonde hair, fair freckled skin, and green eyes. I'm 17, and I'm 5'6.

    I missed my dad, him and my brother Rich had died in a car crash a few years ago, I was in the car with them. Both of them had died in my arms, I desperately missed them. I hated the fact that we were leaving San Francisco, that's where all of my memories with dad and Rich were. I was mad at my mom for moving us, but she had to.

"Stacy, be nice." She said glancing at me

"Sorry mom."

    I quickly drifted off to sleep again, I didn't want to be awake in the car anyway, they scared me.

"Stacy? Stacy honey wake up." My mom was nudging me "We're at the hotel, come on let's go inside." I stumbled out of the car and made my way to the room behind my mom still half asleep. It was a two bed room, I slept in the same bed as my mom and my dumbass brothers slept in the other bed. Before I drifted off again I could hear them bickering about nonsense.

    My mom woke us up very early, we were all still mostly asleep when we got back in the car. My brothers had fallen asleep basically as soon as the car hit the highway. I stayed up for a little longer, by now we were in New Mexico. It was boring, nothing but desert.I stayed awake until we got into Texas, then I fell asleep again. This time when I woke up it wasn't my mom, it was the car stopping. We were at the new house. It was quite a big place, it had 5 bedrooms and 3 baths. Once we were all awake we ran into the house to claim rooms, I got to the second biggest one first so it was mine. August and Theo fought for the other two rooms, August ending up getting the bigger one. My mom got the master bedroom, I walked in to see her sitting in the middle of the empty room crying.

"Mom? Mom! What's wrong?" I knelt down beside her.

"I just have to get used to not having him here." She said while wiping away tears.

"I know I'm sorry mom, I miss them everyday. And I'm sorry it was all my fault." I mumbled that last part.

She stood up "Well the moving truck won't be here till the late afternoon, so why don't you and the boys go around the neighborhood and try and make some friends?" I smiled at her, I wrapped her in a very tight hug. I was a tough person but not with my mom. I could mean to anyone or anything, but I could never be mean to my mother.

"Okay! I'll go get them." I walked down the stairs and towards their rooms "Hey numb nuts! Wanna go check out the neighborhood?" I said to Theo.

"Sure and stop calling me that!" He flicked my forehead, so I punched him in the back as he passed me.