| Mystery | 8 |

I woke up with a headache so bad that it felt like someone was beating me over the head with a pillow over and over again. Even opening my eyes hurt.  What the hell happened last night? I stumble out of my room and into the bathroom, with my eyes still mostly closed, and take a lot of painkillers. I take a very quick shower and put on some sweats.

    I slowly go down the stairs and... holy shit. The house is an absolute wreck, there are plastic cups and plates everywhere, alcohol scattered around, and there is some random guy asleep on our couch.

Theo and August are eating something at the kitchen table so I go and join them. "Good Morning" Theo still sounds pretty sleepy

"Mm.." I sat down beside Theo "What happened last night?"

"I was going to ask you that." August has a weird look on his face

"What do you mean?"

"Your neck." He points at my me. Whats wrong with my neck?

I quickly walk to the bathroom and look in the mirror. There are three small hickeys down the left side of my neck. "What the hell?" I shout. I rush back into the kitchen "What the hell! What happened last night?" My head is pounding, can these painkillers kick in yet?

"What's the last thing you remember?" Theo puts his dishes in the sink

"Uhh... me finishing the tequila" Why did I do that? I'm so dumb drunk.

"Well after that you continued playing until all of you were too drunk to remember what you were playing, you partied a little bit, and you played football outside with your friends which ended with one of them passed out in the front lawn. After football you just went up to your room and we thought you went to sleep but clearly not." I'm never drinking again.

"Did you see anyone go upstairs?" I have to figure out who did this

"Oh yeah plenty of people, but I wasn't really paying attention to where they went."  I bury my face in my hands  "Sorry Stacy."

"Look let's just get this place cleaned up before mom gets home. Maybe I can remember something later on." We stand up and go into the living room.

"Where do we even start?" August says

"By getting him off of our couch." I point to the guy passed out on the couch. Theo says it's one of his friends and he wakes him up and sends him home.

    We clean for the next two and a half hours, we've filled like four trash bags. The house is almost spotless, only thing left is sweeping and mopping. I still don't remember who gave me the hickeys last night but I do remember a few things, like Soda passing out face down in the yard, Dally picking up some random girl, and Two-Bit giving me a piggyback ride. Nothing helpful.

"Since the house is clean I'm going to try covering this up." I rush to my room and try on a bunch of different clothes that could possibly cover up the hickeys, nothing really works and makeup isn't really covering them either. I'm so screwed I put some makeup on them anyway and go back downstairs.

"Hey I'm going to the Curtis's see you later!" Maybe one of them knows who did this.

"Okay bye! I'm going over to Randy's!" August puts the mop back in the closet

"Be back by 6!" And I close the door. My mind is running 100 miles a minute on the way to the Curtis's, I can't stop thinking about last night, I'm trying to remember who it was but I can't. What if it was someone in the gang? What if it was a creep who wanted to take advantage of me? Is mom going realize?

I climb the front stairs and walk in, Johnny is asleep on the couch, Ponyboy and Steve are watching TV of the floor, and Soda is cleaning up the kitchen. "Good morning"

"Morning? It's 12."  Pony says

"Oh" I sit down on the empty spot on the couch next to Johnny's head "Did any of you go into my room last night?"

Everyone looks around at each other "I didn't I had to drag Soda off of your yard." Pony says

"I went with them," Steve adds "why?" My head still hurts but not nearly as bad.

I grab a rag from the kitchen "This" I scrub the makeup off my neck.

They look at me with wide eyes "Who did that?" Soda asks getting closer to me

"That's what I'm trying to figure out! I woke up and they were there, I can't remember anything from last night."

Johnny stirs from the couch "What's happening?" His morning voice is so much deeper than his normal one. Whoa.

"Stacy has hickeys!" Pony says in a loud mocking tone

He perks right up "What? Who did that?"

"I don't know! That's what I've been trying to remember for the past three hours." I grab a can of coke from the fridge

"Johnny didn't you go up to her room last night?" Steve says. WHAT! was Johnny the one who did this? Why?

We all stare at him "I mean yes, b- but I didn't do that. I- I just helped you get up there cause you were having a hard time with the stairs." Okay, that's good

I sit down beside Johnny "And the mystery continues." I say sarcastically

"I'm sure you'll find out who it was." Steve punches my leg.

"I think I'm just hang out with you guys today." I lean my head on Johnnys shoulder and watch TV.

Johnny shifts uncomfortably so I take my head off his shoulder "Oh sorry"

"Oh no it wasn't you, I- I actually liked that," my face gets hot "I was just sitting weird." I lean my head back on his shoulder

I just need to relax today so spending it with the gang sounds like a good idea.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Got a lil drama from this one! I really like this chapter :)
Thanks for reading!!

Word count : 1029