Chapter 4|Lake

Olly 12:00 PM
Harrison, Ollie and I got up from our booth at the cafe. "Mumma, are we going to walk or play?" Ollie asked me curiously. I looked at him and smiled, "Well hunny, it depends on what you'd want to do." He seemed happy with that answer and grabbed my hand. I looked at Harrison after feeling a pair of eyes on me, he was watching me and Ollie. "Olly, you are such an amazing mum, it's almost surprising someone can love a kid that much." He mused. I grinned, "Well, after knowing what he was taken into custody for means I will protect this kid with my entire life. I love him more than anything else and I'd rather die than not have him." Ruffled Ollie's hair with my free hand when I said that. He looked up at me and smiled, his sweet, loving, adoring smile, that lit up his face and added a new life in his entire body.

We reached Lake Parramatta's beach and Ollie let go of my hand, "mum, do we have our swimsuits?" He asked. I giggled, "Olls, you're wearing your swimsuit," he looked down, "I AM!" He screamed excitedly, and ran towards the water. I pulled off my outfit to reveal my bikini, and Harrison looked at me, "oh shut it you." I chuckled, running to the water to play with Ollie. I grabbed the little boy and kissed his cheek, he giggled and squirmed away, "mummy, stop it!" I smiled at him and put him back into the water. We played and I beckoned Harrison in. He shrugged, took off his top, and ran into the water. Ollie splashed him, "Silly Harrison!" He trilled. Harrison grabbed him and Ollie screamed with excitement, "mummy, he's my best friend!" I giggled watching the two of them, Harrison was really good with kids and it was so good to finally have a man in Ollie's life.

We all headed out of the water together, and a couple came to the lake's beach, it was pretty empty so it was my group and this other couple. They approached us, "Hello, I just wanted to tell you guys that he's a perfect mix between you two." The woman said, I thanked her awkwardly and when they left we all collapsed in laughter, or Harrison and I did and Ollie joined in. "Harrison, that was gold!" I laughed hysterically. He nodded tears streaming down his face, "Why are we laughing Mumma?" Ollie asked curiously. "So that woman said that you looked like both me and Harrison, but the funny thing is that you were adopted and Harrison is just a friend." I explained. He cracked a smile and laughed cutely, but confusedly. I looked at the small boy, who smiled at me, fluttering his eyelashes. I pulled him into a big hug and he kissed my cheek, "I love you Mumma." He whispered. "I love you too Ollie." I smiled, kissing his nose.

We took a short walk and we all chatted, Ollie asking random questions that didn't match with the conversation. It was one of the best days of my life, and it really sucked that I was back to work on Sunday. I loved seeing Ollie with a man in his life, since I've been single my entire life, and his bio dad was a piece of crap. The most he had was Grampy, and now he's got a Harrison.

Ollie was playing in the sand and we were close to him, but cooling down. We watched Ollie together, he was adorable. The couple walked up to us again, Harrison was standing really close to me, "Excuse me, you two." The woman began. I looked over, "yeah?" She smiled at me, "So, I wanted to ask how long you two have been together, because the two of you are just precious together." I stepped back so Harrison could explain. "Oh, ma'am, we're just friends, pretty new friends too haha, uh, Olls there is Olly's son, and I'm their friend." I cut in, "best friend!" He smiled at me and the woman looked a little surprised, "I'm so sorry-" she began, I chuckled, "mate, it's fine, I know we kinda look like a couple, but we're not haha. It's totally fine, we've gotten it a few times and Harrison's coworkers give us crap a lot, especially when I visit the beach in my days off." She looked a bit confused, "he works at a beach?" I nodded, "Yeah, at Bondi, Bronte, and Tamarama. I actually met him for a call at Bondi, I work for Sydney CPS, and he walked me back to my car, then the next day I ran into him and we exchanged numbers and then we hang out sometimes." I explained, Harrison nodded earnestly. I looked over at Ollie again, and he was smiling at me, he made his way over, "Mumma, are you making friends?" He asked. I chuckled, "You're so much like gramma, you never met her, but you remind me of her so much." I smiled, kneeling down in the water to pick him up.

"Welp, today was actually amazing Olly." Harrison said, as we packed up our small amount of things and made our way back to the cars. "Yeah and Olls had a lot of fun." I replied. "Yeah Harrison, I wish that you were my daddy, cuz you're so nice and I love you." Ollie cut in. I looked at him in surprise, I was carrying him, so I almost dropped him. "Awe Olls, that was so sweet." I cooed. Harrison looked at him, and smiled, "Maybe I could be your godfather or something buddy." I looked at him, absolutely excited, "Harrison, I just realized, you're the first man in his life, literally first! You're going to have a forever bond with Olls." He looked at me, utterly surprised, we discussed that as we walked back to our cars. I gave him a hug and Ollie gave him a big hug too. "See you later Harrison, have fun at work on Monday." I smiled, waving at him, and parting ways.

I put Ollie to bed and kissed him good night before coming out to the living room and logging into instagram.

                                           @Harrisonsreid had a great time at Lake Parramatta today, also thx for the pic