fifty three.

Beginne am Anfang

She nods. "Yeah." She then points towards the back door.

"Outside?" I ask.

She nods again.

"How about we play inside today because it's a little cold outside? Is that okay?"

She nods again. "Yeah."

"Yeah!" I smile wide. "We're gonna do some fun stuff inside. I think daddy will be done doing some stuff a little later and then he'll play with us, yeah?"

"Dada?"

"Yeah, dada will be back in a little bit. Do you want to go upstairs and play now?"

She nods again and climbs off my lap.

I laugh lightly at her, standing and grabbing her hand before leading her to the stairs and letting her take the time she needs to climb them herself. "You did it baby! Yay!"

"Yay!" she says, clapping before running into the playroom.

"We need to get you some more stuff for in here. We have plenty in LA but not here," I sigh, looking around the playroom at the lack of stuff. "Then again Christmas is just around the corner."

After playing for a while, I hear the front door open and close before footsteps coming up the stairs and closer to the room.

Willa giggles, standing and running towards the door, Joe entering and picking her up immediately.

"Hi princess!" he says, kissing her. "You playing with mommy?"

"Yeah," she tells him, nodding.

"You need more toys in here," he comments, sitting on the floor with me, Willa now in his lap as she grabs a toy.

"That's what I said. I think we should look at what she gets for Christmas and leave some of it here."

"We need to take some to Miami too."

I nod. "Oh, shit, that's true. I was thinking we can set up an actual functioning kitchen area for her too."

He raises his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I mean like it's a play kitchen but it has a running faucet so she can wash her hands and maybe even a couple of cutting boards and toddler-safe training knives she can use with supervision. Plates, bowls, that stuff. I'm seeing a ton of them online and it proves to improve children's self-esteem and promote independence."

He grins, chuckling.

"What?" I ask, my face falling.

"No, no," he says, reaching out and grabbing my leg gently, rubbing circles on my thigh reassuringly. "I'm not making fun of you, my love. I just find it a little funny that you wanted nothing to do with motherhood a year ago and now here you are researching the benefits of a functional play kitchen for our one-year-old."

I twist my lips to the side, a grin pulling at the corners all the same. "Shut up."

"No, I love the idea. I think it's important that we help improve her self-esteem and promote independence. Are there toddler-safe knives though? Is that a thing?"

I nod. "Yeah, I've looked into a few sets on Amazon. And then for running water, we would remove the faucet that is attached and put either a water dispenser or be a bit extra and install a water pump thing, which I still need to look into."

Joe nods. "Alright well, here's the question, do we only do it at one house or all three?" he chuckles. "We spend so much time here and there and everywhere."