nineteen.

"Hello?"

"Okay, so what do you want to do tonight?" Joe responds immediately. "It's our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Go out, stay in? Dinner food? What are we feelin'?"

I laugh lightly. "I think we should stay in. I want Thai food, movies on the couch or in bed and as much cuddling as we can before things get crazy in a couple of weeks."

"That sounds perfect to me. I'll pick up the food, you get the couch or bed ready, and I'll be there in a couple of hours."

"Sounds perfect," I grin cheesily through the phone although he can't see me, and we hang up.

In the meantime, I spend the day deep cleaning, knowing I haven't done it in a few weeks. Once it becomes closer to Joe's normal time getting home, I move upstairs, unmaking the bed and taking a quick shower to rinse the sweat from my cleaning spree.

I then throw on shorts and a tank before climbing into the bed, Joe arriving not long after.

"Look who's already comfy without me."

I grin, leaning forward and kissing him as he sets the food and two forks on the bed in front of me. "Hi."

"Mind if I shower really quick?" he asks, raising a brow.

"Make it quick, I'm hungry," I tell him.

He chuckles, taking a rushed shower as I watch the remainder of my episode and then climbing into the bed next to me and handing me my platter of food.

"What movie first?" I ask.

"Am I picking and then you pick?" he asks.

"Mmhmm."

"Step Brothers," he says with a mouth full of food.

I turn on the movie, shoving a forkful of food in my mouth, chewing, and staring at the screen as Porky jumps onto the bed.

"Pork down," Joe orders, Porky immediately jumps down and climbs into his bed on the floor.

"Okay, so speaking of Porky, I wanted to talk to you about something," I tell him.

He licks his lips, looking over at me. "Okay, shoot."

"I think we should get another dog."

He coughs, raising his eyebrows at me. "What?"

"I think we should get another dog," I laugh. "I think that we're going to be super busy with everything happening with the Jonas Brothers and when we're not home and he's home with the dog sitter, I think it'll be nice for him to have a pup best friend to keep him company."

He grins. "You have the biggest heart. You want us to get another dog, so our one dog isn't lonely."

I nod. "Yes."

He chuckles. "I mean I guess we can look into it."

"I want to adopt, not buy this time."

He raises his brows and nods. "Okay, we can do that."

"Thank you," I tell him in a sing-song voice.

"Mmhmm," he says, both of us soon finishing our food and leaning back to finish our movie night.

The room around us is full of dim light, I soon turn on the second movie, cuddling back into Joe's warm, comforting body and turning off the lights, allowing the room to now only be filled by light from the tv. I lay back with him again, eventually feeling his breath become heavy and slow, leading me to look over and find him asleep.

I laugh lightly at his exhaustion, laying my head back down and allowing myself to fall asleep to the movie as well.

A few days later, with only a week before the boys' single dropping, Joe and I find ourselves walking along cages, interacting with the dogs, and trying to find our match.