𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒞𝒶𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Like I said, Sallow. Piss off!" she chuckled as Heather gave her a high-five.

Sebastian began wiping the snow off his face and shaking it out of his hair. There was a red circle on his cheek from the impact of the cold snowball.

"Why am I friends with bloody heathens?" he grumbled to himself as the group began their journey into the village.

There was no plan for today; it was just strictly to enjoy each other's company and see what they could get into. It had been a long while since the last time everyone managed to find time to spend together. This is what this year was about; to make memories with friends as their Seventh-Year quickly came to an end.

As the group of them entered the village, there was a small sign with an arrow pointing to the left field just behind Tomes and Scrolls that read 'Snowman Contest'.

"We have to do this!" Rosalie cheered.

"I choose Rosie!" Sebastian exclaimed. "We won it a couple years back!"

"Sorry, Sallow, but I believe she's mine," Amos bit.

Rosalie chuckled uncomfortably and tried to move the conversation forward.

"Alright, come on everyone!" she said as she dragged Amos along with her to the field. "Hello, Mister Brown!"

"Ah, hello Miss Rivers. Are you here to join the contest?"

"Of course! And so are my friends," she said, pointing to the lot behind her.

"Wonderful! The prize is a free butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks. May I have the names of each team, please?"

"Yes," Rose smiled. "It'll be Amos and I. Lacy and Heather. Ominis and Grace," Rose looked over her shoulder and scanned the remaining two people. "And, I suppose Mia and Sebastian," she said hesitantly and turned to face Thomas Brown again.

"Mia and Sebastian," he whispered. "Wonderful! Pick a spot in the snow. We're about to begin."

Rosalie began leading the grin with two footsteps that crunched on top of the snow before Ominis stopped them.

"Uh, I'm not sure I can participate. I am lacking a rather important sense," he said monotonously.

"My love, we can do this!" Grace enthused. "I promise you'll be more helpful to me than you realize."

A soft smile formed on his lips; Grace always had a way to ground him.

"Alright, my dove. I'll try," he whispered.

The group each found them a spot in the snow and waited for Mister Brown's further instructions.

"Okay, everyone! We're about to begin. You each will have thirty minutes to build a creative snowman of your choice. The winner will receive a voucher for a free butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks! Are there any questions?" Mister Brown explained and took a pause. "Alright, you may begin!"

The pairs quickly got to work in the snow, gathering large piles of snow and rolling them around to form the base of the snowmen. Rosalie and Amos worked together wonderfully and decided to do a Hogwarts's professor theme. She could overhear Sebastian and Mia arguing, while Heather was bossing and overruling Lacy, and Ominis remained quiet and agreed with everything Grace suggested. Rose and Amos worked aimlessly on their snowman, making him tall and not very plump. They picked Headmaster Black to recreate and conjured his clothing to resemble him. Heather and Lacy's snowman replicated a Hufflepuff Quidditch player. It wore a Hufflepuff jersey, a Beater protective cap, and held a club. Sebastian and Mia opted for the creative and comedic route. Instead of building a snowman, they instead created a serpent out of the snow; it resembled the Slytherin emblem. Poor Ominis and Grace, though. Their snowman wasn't getting anywhere. It was short and plump with very little details. It had river rocks for eyes and sticks for arms. Grace seemed to be enjoying the moment, and that's all that mattered to Ominis.