Chapter 31

"Are you feeling badly because of coming back here?" Changwei asks, trying to search my face and I just nod my head.

"I thought I was ready to face this again, but it just makes me feel sick to my stomach. Despite all of these feelings I have to do this" I say and he just starts patting and rubbing my back.

"I will try and help you in any way" He says.

"I know it's just that I lost all hope in this place and it scares me to think about those feelings again" I say.

"Feelings are just feelings, just let it pass over you, it doesn't mean you have lost anything. I am here and this is just temporary" He says and I nod my head and lean against him. We sit for a while until I feel the nausea pass over and then I stand up ready to go again.

 We start heading through the town and right up the familiar roads to the house that I called home for 10 years. We are met by some servants I don't recognize. We go inside the manor and I realize that Changwei has really gotten rid of all the servants that were here previously and that no one working here has a clue about me and all the servants were respectful towards me. The servants lead us to Changwei's room and everything looks different, even the decorations and furniture all look different.

"I asked them to change all the decorations and furniture through the whole mansion. I didn't want things to look the same for you" Changwei says noticing my surprised expression as we walk into the room and he leads me over to the bed.

"You should just rest, since you weren't feeling well and I will have someone bring you some food" He says and I agree since I long to just sleep for a day or two after all that traveling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I leave Danni resting, I know she is feeling sick from even coming to this place and I wonder if I should have just made her stay at home. I rub the back of my neck as I walk out of the room to go and find the manager.

"General I hope you have had a good trip" The Manager says when I find him.

"Yes it was uneventful, but to business what is going on with my Mother?" I ask.

"It is how I have written to you, she seems to be lacking in her memory and doesn't seem to remember much and seems to be agitated a lot" He says.

"Has the Physician come and seen her?" I ask.

"Yes the Physician has come often, but he can't seem to figure out what is wrong with her? He thinks she is in good health except for her memory and  she can get very angry at times. He has tried some herbs, but they haven't really changed anything" He explains and goes over and retrieves some papers with the notes that the Physician has made and I thank him and take them with me. I decide to go over them later but first I want to see my Mother for myself so I go over to her room and find her sitting and drinking tea.

"Mother it is your son, I am home" I say and walk over and sit down across from her.

"My son? I have a son?" She says with no recognition in her eyes.

"Yes I have been away at war for a long time and haven't been able to spend much time with you these years, but surely you haven't forgotten all about me?" I say and she stares blankly at me.

"I don't have any children, but I have a husband, where is he?" She says.

"Your husband, my Father, died many years back" I say.

"No he hasn't, bring him to me" She says with anger rising in her voice.

"Mother calm down" I say.

"I am not your Mother and I want my husband, tell me where he is" She says standing up and knocking her cup to the ground and a servant comes into the room and tries to calm her down. I stand up and walk out of the room to prevent making her more upset.