Chapter 15

"Mimi, what just happened?" I say turning to her.

"I think you met Prince Sung Ying, he is considered the prince to become the next emperor, but it is not official, at least that is what I have heard from other maids." She explains.

"I'm pretty sure this will not make the General happy, we shouldn't tell him" I say and Mimi just nods her head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"General, are you just coming back from your treatments? How is your shoulder?" Rui-Chan asks and I rotate my shoulder.

"The treatments are working, but it is still tender!" I say wincing at the full rotation.

"Um General, I heard some maidservants talking when I was coming in just now," Rui-Chan says somewhat hesitantly.

"What about it?" I ask.

"Well, I heard that your wife threw up when she was walking in the garden and now they were all giggling about a pregnancy" Rui-Chan says quietly looking down.

"What, what did you just say?" I say and grab Rui-Chan's shoulder.

"I just overheard it, I didn't say it, don't hurt me" Rui-Chan says, wincing with the pressure of my grip on him. I start walking fast and restrain myself from sprinting to go back to our lodging. I find Danni sitting at the table drinking some tea calmly and she looks up at me as I barrel into the room.

"What is the matter?" She asks, concerned.

"I don't care if the child isn't mine, it won't be a problem for me" I blurt out not thinking.

"What are you talking about?" She says confused.

"Is that why you wanted to leave so badly, you can tell me, I won't get upset" I say, bending down next to her, meeting her eyes. She then just grasps her abdomen and bends over and I grab her shoulders.

"What is the matter? Is it the baby?" I say to her and she sits up and looks at me.

"What baby are you talking about?" She says with more clarity in her eyes.

"The baby in your stomach?" I say as a question.

"I don't have a baby in my stomach, it is my menstruation" she explains.

"What? But I heard you were throwing up?"

"Yes, the pain was very severe and I threw up because of it" She explains and then laughs and I stare at her stunned.

"I just thought" I say and stop.

"You thought I had gotten pregnant by another man before you came back home" She says in a serious tone.

"I'm sorry" I say and hang my head.

"When are you going to stop doubting me? I have never had a lover!" She says firmly staring into my eyes and then winces and doubles over in pain again.

"Danni, has a physician come and seen you?" I ask and bend over and touch her back and she nods her head no. I go and tell Rui-Chan to go and get an imperial physician to come and take a look at Danni and he leaves.

"Danni, why don't you go and lie down, the Physician will come and see you" He says and Mimi comes over and helps Danni into bed and she curls up on her side. The physician comes after a while and takes her pulse and examines Danni.

"She is having menstruation pains, there is a blood imbalance and she needs heat" The physician explains.

"She says she hasn't had a menstruation in years" Mimi pipes in.