Chapter 10 : I will make him come back no matter what

After that 6 months have passed. Jaemin had to leave the dormitory and the school because he couldn't debut. Jaemin was always tired and sad. He didn't eat much and was doing a lot of sport. And to be awake he was drinking a lot of coffee. Actually he was depressed and not a little. He lived alone in an apartment not too far from the SM college. 

The first day of his suspension he went outside and he received a lot a critic. He was insulted and pushed aside. So from now on, he always wear a mask and a hoodie and even sunglasses. 

One day he went outside to buy some coffee, again. And he was shocked when he saw a poster with the Dream. As the center of the group there was Lee Jeno. Jaemin wasn't angry at Jeno but he blamed himself. He couldn't move, he was stuck before it. He cried a lot, and people started to stare at him. After that he stayed at his place. Not going outside at all only to get his deliveries. He lost a lot of weight, and he let his hair grow to the shoulders. 

He was always riddled with dark circles. 

On the other side, everything wasn't going too well for the Dream. Jeno and Mark were always bickering. Like always. Renjun was fed up. The couple was in his own world to not hear it and for Haechan it was like hell. Mark didn't care for him like at all, things became awkward between them. And the worst is that Mark wasn't mean to him anymore. He just didn't care about him. So to have his attention he started to mess around. He became less and less attentive in training which annoyed Mark a lot. And one day it was too much for him. They started fighting for real. 

After that, it was time for their first concert. And it wasn't the best they could give. Haechan and Mark even bickered in the scene before the start of a choreography. And everyone saw it, even the fans who were shocked. For Jeno and Mark they saw the lack of complicity. When they were supposed to be close they were too far. When they have to touch each other, they just didn't. 

And for the rumors about the two dating, Jeno said to them that Jaemin looked exactly like his ex-lover. They didn't believe it at all but they thought it was best not to meddle too much, to the great displeasure of Chenle. 

After their chaotic concert, the agency took a big decision. 

- Hello ? Jaemin ? 

- Yeah ? Answered Jaemin with a awfully tired voice. 

- You sound tired, are you all right ? This is your manager. 

- Yes I'm fine. I know who you are. 

- Well, I call you today because the SM college decided to make you come back to the Dream. You are going to debut now as the center of the group like it was supposed to be. 

- Oh I see. Said Jaemin not excited at all. 

- You don't seem so happy, what is it ? You don't want to ? 

- I don't know anymore. 

- What ? Are you seriously fine ? 

- I'm fine, I'm fine but I don't know if I want to go there again. 

- I see. Is it because of the rumors ? 

- Among other things. 

Actually Jaemin was still afraid, afraid of Jeno's revenge. He didn't know what he prepared all this time. He was surely waiting for him to return to kill his dream even more.

- I see. You want time to think about it ? 

- Yes please. 

- Okay I will contact you again. 

Jaemin hung up the phone, but before he heard a voice he knows too well saying "What did he say ? He will come back right ?" It was Renjun. He seemed excited and worried at the same time. 

At the training room, all the Dreamies were waiting for the manager's answer. 

- He said he would reflect on it. 

- What ? Why ? It's his fucking dream to debut ! (Haechan) 

- There are bad rumors about him you know. If I was him I would be afraid too. (Jisung) 

- I'm sure there is something else, said Mark while looking at Jeno. 

- What are fucking looking at ? I didn't do anything to him. 

- I'm sure of the contrary ! Argued Renjun. 

- What ? Do you have proof about that ? 

- I'm sure you punched him last time. And he was trembling when you held him. 

- Yeah he is right. Haechan said. 

- If you did something to him, you're going to regret it for the rest of your life. Be prepared. Threatened Mark. 

- What did you just say ? 

Everyone was against him now. Even Chenle. The fact is that Jaemin was his friend and a potential victim. So he had to believe the victim. And Renjun never lies. He wouldn't denounce Jeno if there was nothing. 

- Okay, I see. I will prove you wrong. Jaemin and I are friends now and I will make him come back for sure within a week. 

- Deal ! We will see about that, challenged Mark. 

- Manager, can you give me his number and address please ? 

- You don't even have his number. What a friend. Said Jisung from the back. 

- Say that again ? 

Jisung stepped back. He was afraid suddenly seeing Jeno with dark eyes. 

- I will make him come back no matter what.