Chapter 5

Thebes, Egypt

1256 B.C.

"Do you think he suspects anything?" Cain lazily drew circles on her sweaty skin with his fingers, tracing them with his lips. Nefertari sighed happily, basking in the afterglow as she laid on her stomach.

"Do you care if he does?" she asked, her voice light and airy from lovemaking. The sensation of his lips on her spine made her shiver, turning over to kiss his face. This was wrong, but nothing had ever felt so right-Her marriage had been over for some years now, every harsh word and piece of bruised flesh driving a wedge further between them. Whereas her husband brought strife and pain, Cain promised only pleasure; he wouldn't dream of hurting her. Was it wicked of her to seek succor, especially when it showed up on her doorstep the way it did?

Cain's deep laughter echoed through the room as his body settled on top of hers, his eyes smoky with lust.

"You're right; I don't." he confessed, slowly planting hot kisses on her neck as his fangs sharpened.

She weakly pushed at his chest, her energy already spent. "Not the neck...everyone will see."

"Where, then?" His kisses trailed lower; his tongue lolled over one taut nipple making her arch her back. "Hm?"

His touch stoked her to a fever pitch again, and she squirmed underneath him. "Mm I don't know..." she moaned, holding onto his thick locs as he moved lower.

"That's not an answer, Meritmut..." he rasped as his tongue dipped into her bellybutton. His head moved lower still, his tongue finally reaching its destination. Her legs fell open to him and her feet rested on his back, the only sounds in the room her soft cries and the greedy sounds he made against her.

"Cain..." she purred, her hips rocking to his hungry mouth. She pushed at his head, unable to handle the pleasure coursing through her.

"Tell me," he grated. He grabbed her thighs so there was no escape; licking, kissing, and sucking until her legs shook then he pinched the skin on her inner thigh. "Here?"

"Yes..." Nefertari whispered.

"I can't hear you..." A finger joined his tongue.

"Yes!" she cried in ecstasy as she writhed against him. Once in the throes of passion, his fangs pierced her skin, intensifying the sensation.

As aftershocks claimed her body once again, she fell limp and looked down at him with a smile. Panic turned her into a living statue when she found herself staring into the Lycan's stark green eyes.

"I can keep a secret. Can you?" His grating voice rumbled against her thigh. She could only watch in shock as his head dipped between her legs once again.

****

Nathalie jerked awake, freezing, her system shocked to the core. The Lycan set a bucket down with a wicked grin on his face.

"You snore pretty loud for a dead woman," Gaspard sneered, sitting in a chair at the foot of the bed.

Nathalie hissed, ready to fight him-she couldn't move. What the hell? She looked up at the headboard-the son of a bitch handcuffed her!

"You bastard!" She struggled to get free, the cuffs tight around her wrists.

"I wouldn't bother if I were you; those cuffs are reinforced. You can't wane out of them either." He sat back with a satisfied smile.

Anger fueled her, but to no avail-She scowled at him, giving up her futile struggle.

"So, you just keep shit like this in your bag?"