5 : Hide And Seek

☆•

☆•. Sahiba .•☆

                       My legs have got all the energy and I am frantically running around my room to find it, Amshu is ready to jump into my room through the window.

"Sai. What's wrong?" she asked from the window side.

"I lost my phone." I shrieked.

☆☆☆

"Where did you last put it?" Mom asked as she rummaged through my wallet.

"I don't remember." I said helplessly.

Amshika and I are looking for the phone on my scooty.

"Try to remember. Where did you put it last?" Dad asked as he leaned against the door with the TV remote in hand.

"That's what I said I don't remember." I yelled at him.

I told them many times that I don't remember and still they ask the same invalid question.

"Not here." Amshika ended her search in Scooty.

"It will be here. Where will it go?" I dug my hand into the glove box with great anticipation.

Please please please. Come out honey I'm tired of your game.

Stop playing hide and seek and come out darling.

No, it's not here.

I stood erect.

"Dad can you call---" I was asking him to call my number but he is busy watching stupid discussions of useless people on news channel.

"Will you please put away that remote?" I screamed frantically.

He was startled and threw the remote on the couch.

"Call Mahima, maybe the phone fell in her bag." Mom said.

"No mom. We called her and asked her. She doesn't have Sai's phone." Amshika said as she rolled the scooty onto the porch.

"And where did it go? Did you stir it in the sambar?" Mother got angry.

"Yes I made mobile sambar." I angrily kicked the flower pot on the sitout.

"Sai." Amshika called my name to calm down.

"What's wrong with this kid!" Dad exclaimed dubiously.

I ran upstairs and slammed the door.

Amshika came in and said, "Try to remember Sai, looks like you left it in the restaurant itself. Then where will you forget."

Pacing left and right I tried to recollect where I kept it last. But I remembered today's morning call and the food order calls of the past few days.