CHAPTER 36: HANKY PANKY

Kiara could not comprehend what happened. One moment, she waited patiently for Lisa to finish talking to the person on the other side of the phone and the next moment, there was a loud crash. She turned to her side and found that a truck was coming towards their car in full force but the reason behind the crash was the bike which seemed stuck to its front wheels. The truck dragged the bike along with it before finally coming to halt just near the driver seat of the car. The driver of the truck immediately opened the driver door and dashed outside. He immediately started to run in the opposite direction while Lisa followed him closely behind.

With shaky hands, Kiara opened the door of the passenger seat and stepped out. The smell of metal and burnt rubber immediately hit her nose. She felt nauseous that there had been yet another attempt of kill her. She hugged her arms around herself and tried to take deep breaths.

"kia!" a car stopped behind them and Kevin stepped out. He was frantic and searched for kiara here and there before his eyes finally settled on her and he took a relieved breath. He immediately came towards her and hugged her close to him "thank god you are alright."

"what happened?" she whispered.

"nothing. I am glad you are safe." He said.

" what is this?" she mentioned the truck that almost hit her car if not the bike had come and reduced its momentum.

Kevin looked at the scene before he turned round as if he realized something and ran away. Kiara followed through her eyes and saw someone lying on the ground, unable to move. It was difficult to figure out the person's face because of the helmet. She followed her brother and stopped near the person. Kevin removed the helmet and Kiara gasped, immediately recognizing the person sitting in front of her.

"Rose?!" She immediately bent down and helped the woman to stand on her feet.

"Are you ok?" she looked at Rose who was still limping. She supported herself while grabbing Kevin's shoulder and gave Kiara a smile.

"ofcourse I am. Are YOU ok?" she asked back. Kiara simply nodded.

" What is going on?" she turned to Kevin and asked him.

"kiara?" a black shiny car rolled near them and Victor and James stepped out.

Victor looked at Rose who still supported herself on Kevin's shoulder. Her right leg was left dangling. She smiled and gave a two finger salute to him. Victor asked James to take kiara home without removing his eyes from Rose. After they left, he turned and analyzed the scene in front of him.

*****

Kevin felt like he was living in a dream. Past few hours had been unimaginable for him. entering inside a hotel suite to steal a pendrive from Erik, fighting with Rose, getting stuck in a closet with her, spending all night with her( not in that way.) and when they finally woke up, they sneaked out of the room. Rose immediately drove her bike towards the mall and Kevin followed behind along with notifying his brothers. As Rose saw the truck approaching the SUV, she did a drift and let her bike go. The bike skidded through the road before coming under the truck. Kevin would never forget the sparks of lightning and the pieces of metal breaking as the truck dragged the bike on the road before finally coming to halt.

"are you ok?" he asked as he looked at her right leg. Though she wore black jeans, the blood droplets on the road gave away the fact that she was hurt. Quite badly.

"of course. Though you have to buy me a new bike." She looked at her bike and made a sad face. "my baby fought a good fight." She mumbled.

"May I know what you are doing here?" Victor enquired.