PART 9: THE AMBUSH

Prissy's POV.

"Shhh... don't say that Prissy. Dreams can be indirect sometimes, you know?"

I looked at the young man hushing me.

"You know how appropriate my dreams can be George."

"Yes, well..."

"Even mom had said it's a gift!"

"Yes Prissy, but do you think Rose is capable of doing that?"

I bowed my head down as I thought deeply on what George has asked.

"I trust Rose, but a warning is a warning."

I managed to come to a conclusion that sometimes the ones you trust with all your heart CAN be the enemy. I wouldn't jump on a conclusion about Rose but who do I trust more? Rose or my dream?

A light beam shone out at the end of the forest. My heart skipped a few beats as it was just like the one I saw in my dream.

"Where does that lead?" I asked Claudias pointing to the light.

"It's a way out." He said, curtly.

His statement was expected but unlike my dream, it was not just Rose and I walking through it. My eyes checked around as I looked out for any large soldier man.

George noticed my hovering eyes.

"Are you looking for something?" He asked.

"You see that light we're heading to?" I pointed

"Yesss??" He answered

"It looks so much like the one in my dream, George."

"Sooo..." George inquired

"I don't know, but whatever is happening is syncing already" I replied

I noticed George's eyes falling on Rose who was slowly walking behind.

Then he looked at me, and said nothing.

I knew he was wondering if Rose was truly guilty but I had no answer to that question.

We finally went out and my heart raced only faster.

In my dream, coming out free from the light was only entering into more darkness. The image of the large man coming out of the forest, kissing Rose and laughing like an animal started to blur my vision immediately. I held George's hand tightly with nervousness.

We came out at a lake and my eyes fell on the missionaries, including my dad waiting for us.

I ran to hug my dad choking him with no breaths as I did to George.

He cleaned off the growing tears in the corner of my eyes as I looked into his.

"I'm sorry Prissy, it's your first experience and this happened."

I shook my head as if to tell him that everything was fine. And really, it was.

What mattered to me was to see everyone safe and sound. There was a hint of sadness written in their faces.

I had to ask. Suspension was not key.

"What happened dad?" I asked thinning my eyebrow in concern.

"Nothing Prissy. You all should have your bath here and come in for dinner. It's being a long day." Dad said curtly.

He was hiding something.

I checked the sky, and indeed it was turning dark already. I saw my dad going into the laid tents immediately after telling me to have my bath.

"You go first, Priscilla. We'll go eat." George said. I nodded as I went in the tent and checked for the little box I brought along the journey.

I found and opened it. I brought out a fresh pair of cloth. It was a pink floral gown, ankle length.

I immediately picked it up and headed to the lake to have my bath as the others went into the tent.

After changing to my clothes, I saw Rose. She was pacing back and front in worry.

Rose's face carried a sign of pain as she was pacing endlessly.

I haven't found time to talk to her on my fowl words, but I didn't want to, just yet.

I found George standing outside and walked to him in silence.

"She's looking for her father, Prissy." George replied when I asked what was going on with Rose.

He was right. I haven't seen uncle Matthias since we got here. Where was he?

I watched as Rose paced into the tent nervously.

Something was definitely going on.

Prissy! PRISCILLA!

A voice woke me up from my tiring sleep. I weakly opened my eyes as a sharp light from a torch pointed into it.

I twitched my eyes and fluttered it insanely to prevent the sharp light from blinding me.

It was barely morning. I could tell cause the sun hasn't risen and it was still dark. Why was I woken so abruptly? I barely even slept!

"Sit up, now!" I heard the voice commanding me.

I slowly rose up from the mat I slept on, and weakly sat up. I was half asleep.

I heard my bones making cracking sounds as I sat. I so much felt like stretching to release every friction in my bones, especially from my limbs.

"We have to go, Prissy! We have to go now!" The voice said again.

I was slightly dozing as I couldn't recognize who was talking to me. I thought it was another dream.

Suddenly, the sharp light came in again and a pain radiated into my downset eyes.

"Argghhhhh" I slightly screamed, battling with the blinding light.

Wake up, Prissy! Please!

The voice came again. I managed to open my eyes, finally.

It was Claudias, the 23-year-old soldier that came with us.

I looked around, finding noone in their respective mats. Perhaps Claudais had also woken them up.

I could see the concern and warning written on Claudais' face.

His hands held mine tightly jerking me off the mat.

"What's wrong Claudais? Where is everyone?" I asked

Claudais ignored my question and drove me out the tent.

"An ambush has been set against us." He said without looking at me. I finally came out the tent and the same chaos that happened back at the camp was displayed again in front of me.

Missionaries running here and there, packing their things, but this time, it was done silently. Noone made a noise.

I became alert.

"Where's Priscilla?!" I heard George ask under his breath.

"Here she is" Claudias signified, bringing me into view. The hem of my gown dancing with the growing wind outside.

It was midnight and it was very chilly. I saw George coming towards me.

"Geor-"

"Shhhhh.."

I attempted to ask a question but was shushed immediately.

"Don't make any noise, Prissy." He warned.

"We've been set on ambush."

Happy Easter.