PART FIVE: THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTS 2.

Prissy's POV.

“Come on Prissy!" I heard Rose scream my name, as my heart was thumping loud.

I couldn't think nor speak. All I did was run behind Rose. We knew not were we ran to as the whole place was already in chaos.

Our 'flight and fight' hormone was in full action.

We ran into a path with high trees, with the intention to hide ourselves from open ground.
Slowly and slowly, the atmosphere turned dark as we ran deeper and deeper.

"Wait, Rose!" I called out to her as I was breathing really fast. It was like my heart fell off my chest when we ran.

I took three more deep inhales trying to catch my breath. My veil already pulled halfway to the mid-section of my dark hair.

"I think we're in the forest." I signified.

"Yes. I Know this place." Rose replied.

"You do???????" I asked, eyes popped wide open.

How?!

"It's not my first time coming to Burgsary, you know. I've been here before and infact passed this exact forest to the neighboring village." Rose said, again.

She has never told me she's been in Burgsary before. But, of course it was to our advantage as the awry fear of getting lost got out of my head.

"Alright, Rose. Lead the way." I said, almost like a command.

It then dawned on me that I had lost complete track of my dad and brother. I had no idea of where they had passed or the route they took. My heart sunk immediately.

Rose noticed my steps slowing down behind her.

"What's wrong? Don't you wanna get outta here?!" She asked, concerned.

My head hung down.

"Rose, where do you think the others went? What path did they take? I wasn't paying attention because we fled too. How are they? How are we going to meet them? I hope.."

"Hey! Calm down." Rose said, moving closer and gently patting my shoulders.

I had managed to pour all the questions in my head, out! Well, almost.

"Sweetheart, everything will be fine. I know this place. We'll find our way back to them. Don't you worry." She said with confidence.

My eyebrows thinned, "How Rose?" I asked.

"Like I said, don't you worry." She said, as she held my hands and we started moving yet again.

An hour later, and we were still in the forest. It was as if we were moving to it's heart. It was getting darker and thicker.

I looked up to the sky but could barely see anything as the tall trees were covering the horizon. I looked at Rose who kept on moving like an ambitious fox looking for it's prey.

Years of missionary journies with her father must have really rubbed off some COURAGE on her. I'm not saying she's a weakling, but my goodness! Is she fearless!

The only reason I was still moving was because of her. But, where was she taking me to?

I lost hope on any attempts to ask her any more questions and helplessly left myself in the hands of Trust.

She better know what she's doing and where she's going.

And what if she doesn't? Where will I run to? How will I see Dad and George again?

It was getting darker and I couldn't take it anymore. Questions were eating me up from inside out!

"Ros.." I made an attempt to call out to her, but was immediately distracted by a sharp light beaming from afront.

"You see that?" Rose pointed to the light. "A few more metres and we'll be out of here in no time. Then we'll try to reach out to others."

The ice in my heart defrosted immediately after her last few words. I felt a great relief inside knowing that my unbelievable trust and faith paid off at the end of the day.

We'll be out soon! We'll reconnect with others! No better words have I heard today than that. Was it still day even?! I wonder..

I had no business with my growling stomach at the moment as hunger left me immediately. I just wanna get out of here and see George, dad and the missionaries alive and safe.

I breathed a sigh of relief, as I hurried my footsteps to meet up with the speeding feet of Rose.

In no time, we were out of the forest. The air was different as I breathed it in and sighed.

"See, told ya!" Rose remarked, catching my attention. All I could do was to smile and nod.

Thank you Rose. I said.

And then the question that was eating me bad escaped from my mouth almost immediately

"How can we reach others now Rose?" I asked, impatient to hear an answer.

Suddenly, a man came out from the same forest. He had blonde hair like Rose, tightly tied to the back to form a bun, and very strong arms. He was quite tall with a brisky face. His wild attire signified he was from a force. A soldier.

My heartbeat raised almost immediately at his sight. I became more alert .

"Hello sweetie.." he said and I looked at him, wanting to know who among us was the Sweetie. Was he talking to me?

His next move gave the answer.

I watched as his huge frame passed me by like I was dust and headed to Rose. Right in front of my holy eyes, they kissed!

My eyes popped open as I shyed away by looking down. What was happening? I couldn't tell. Is he the savior? Is he the one to get us out and help us find the others?

A loud beastly laugh broke me out of my thoughts, almost immediately. My heart skipped a few beats as I looked up to see who was laughing.

It was the large man. Then Rose joined in the cackle frenzy.

I do not understand, what's funny?!

"W..h...why are we laughing? What's funny?" I managed to mutter, as my heart was beating madly.

A short chuckle escaped from Rose's mouth as she said one word, “Look back"

I felt my heart dropping from my body as I built up courage to follow the instruction.

Slowly but with ambition, I turned around to see what was behind me. I felt strands of my hair leave my roots and fall free into the air further messing up the two braids laid on my head, as I turned around.

Like scissors falling into metal ground, I felt a loud vibration go from the roots to the crown of my head, when I saw..

[To be Continued.]