PART 8: ROSE

Rose's POV

"Help! Help me!"
I heard myself scream inside when Prissy confronted me like that.

Never in my life have I ever thought that Prissy, my own best friend, would say something like that to me. I was left distraught and helpless as her words pierced through my heart.

"YOU EVIL WITCH!" I heard her call me and my heart sunk immediately.

Why on earth would she think me to do such?! I've always loved Prissy. I've loved her family and I've loved George. I've had a huge crush on George since my childhood. I never told Prissy about it because I was scared she would cut all ties with me. Prissy was extremely protective of her loved ones. She still is.

Well, sadly that little 'crush' has developed into Love and hate myself for this. How can you secretly love someone that knows nothing about it?

I wish he knew. I wish Prissy will accept. I wish he'll accept my feelings and reciprocate my love back. But, wishes sometimes, are meant to be just wishes.

And now??

Never in my wildest imagination would I ever think of hurting my friends. I remember how Prissy's mother had successfully convinced my grandmother on the effects of genital mutilation on the girl child.

Grandma was about to cut off my genitals when I was a baby before Prissy's mom stopped her. The story was fed to me by my parents. I'd forever be grateful to Prissy's late mother. She literally saved my life.

Why on earth would I ever...

You too Rose! Hide!

I heard George call out to me, but I couldn't process anything just yet.

If Prissy thinks such of me now, then how will George start to see me? A monster?!

Soonest, George brought out a pocket knife from his trousers as a form of defense. My heart made a triple somersault as it dawned on me that something was about to happen.

Immediately, three missionaries popped out from the side of the tall trees. One was Jacob, the other was Claudais and the third was Andrew, my dad's younger brother.

"There they are!"  We heard them screech as they ran towards us.

"Rose! Prissy! George! Are you okay?! Thomas sent us to fetch you." Claudais remarked.

"Thank God we found you!" Uncle Andrew said moving to us, the chest region of the right side of his shirt already torn and decolored with dirt.

We were shocked and amazed they found us.

"He's at the Lake with the others."

Claudais said to Prissy.

We started moving out of the forest, quietly. My eyes slowly darted on George and Prissy as they spoke quietly to each other. What were they talking about?!

I decided not to know, nor did I want to know. Lies runs sprint but the truth runs marathons.

...
Hey fellas, if you've read up to this point, then I'll call you a Legend. Sorry about this part being too short (though noone has complained nor commented about it yet) but it's just Rose point of view/ side of the story.

Praying the next part would grow more beautiful and interesting than the one you just read. I care about you. ❤️ Care about me too by dropping a wittle vote down below. It helps me know if you've been enjoying the story so far.
Grab a popcorn and do enjoy!

© The Missionary.