{DARKNESS LOOMS: THE BEGINNING OF THE END}

I almost froze solid.

My leg nerves kicked behind me as I jumped out of the bus. Seems I've been busy viewing and feeling, that I haven't moved my hands and feet for a long time.

I stood with a wiggle movement as blood flowed to my limbs.

Welcome to Burgsary! The sigh boldly stated.

"Well, we're here!" Dad said to us. He started parking the loads and the troops and I helped out.

We finally located our baggages in a small hotel where we'd be staying for the next 15 days, as we spread the message of Love.

It was dusk already, and I was so weary from the offloading and relocating. We all were.

Our eyes hung heavy, as it didn't take us 5 seconds to drift to sleep like an actual drunkard.

The next five days was divine.

The level of fun I had in gifting, praying and discovering new things was on top of the world.

But, the fifth day came with a package. One we'd never forget for the rest of our lives. It all started with George.

We (George and I) were instructed to deliver some bags of rice to an orphanage downtown to help them sail through the season.

It was mission accomplished as we did as told, and got the chance to pray for them, when...

George was suddenly stopped by an old lady on our way back.

"What do you two think you're doing?" She queried as the large nose ring in her nose dangled.

One thing I noticed about Burgsary was their mode of dressing. It was half Indian, half Arabian.

As a native American, I found this very interesting. Scrolled through their history, and found out their region was once colonized by Southern India.

"I said WHAT DO YOU TWO THINK YOU'RE DOING HERE?!" She asked again. Her wrinkled face getting more wrinkled.

"We are missionaries ma'am. We've come here to preach the word and share Love." George replied with confidence.

"LOVE?!" She asked like it was her first time hearing the word.

"Yes ma'am." I replied, letting out a slight smile to appear more friendly.

"LOVE IN BURGSARY?" It was a rhetorical question. She then tilted her head to my side, her old red Vail smelling like lard.

"Where do you come from?" Her eyes penetrating through mine.

I stood stiff.

"W-well, I'm f-r-o-m..." I stuttered. Before I could complete my words, George pinched me.

"Ouch!" I screeched holding the hurting spot tight as I looked at George. He was trying to tell me something.

The old woman smirked, as she grabbed me.

"You don't want to tell me where ya' from?" She asked, eyes piercing through mine. Her decolored teeth gave out a really bad odour. I was suffocating.

"Let her go!" George yelled at her, freeing me from her grip.

"Strangers! Spies! Intruders! In Burgsary!" She yapped, causing attention around.

"Tell ya' leader to scoop y'all out or I'll kill ya!" Her wrinkled index finger pointing to towards us.

I'd never seen an old lady appear so threatening like her. She had a sinister smile and was adorned in jewelry. Five rings ran down her index finger and another five down her 'fuck finger'.

She hated us.

"Wait here" She commanded.

"Are we waiting?" I stuttered to George.

"We should go! Now!" George said as he held my hands.

Before we could move two feets, we heard loud sounds of bags hitting the ground.

It was from the orphanage, we weren't far from it.

They had thrown the rice bags we gave to them to the ground and drenched it with water simultaneously.

A statement was written on the bag sacks with marker. It was in their language. George briefly brought his camera out and took a picture of the statement.

Why were they doing these? Throwing food away? It was practically an abomination in my village. I do not understand the sinister behaviour.

The kids ran out from the home and started matching on the wet rice with bare feet!

"Noooo!" I wailed, but George held me back and pacified me.

The kids started chanting a statement in their own tongues!

We knew not what they said. But, we were sure it was a threatening statement.

"We should go!" George reawakened me to reality as we fled the spot with immediate effect.

It is just the beginning..