Chapter 7

He always wanted this.

His wife to find someone and go away from his life for good. Because his life was destroyed beyond repair and he didn't want to involve her in his bleak world. He earnestly asked her to leave him.

But she was adamant. She wanted to stay in the loveless relationship. So he let her be. And didn't care about anything related to his namesake wife afterwards.

Why would he?

Their relationship was nothing but a trap that had snatched all the colour of his life, his happiness and reason to live. Regardless of his resentment towards his family and his empty relationship with his wife, he has been living under the same roof just because of his children.

That's true, after the life changing incidents he became cold, unfeeling, aloof and socially isolated. He felt himself losing inch by inch and eventually turned into a living corpse.

But deep down he never wanted bad for his namesake wife. He wanted her to live her life as she deserves. That's why he, despite all the bitterness, asked her to divorce him which she never agreed with.

And now, after so many years, when his wish is being fulfilled, his wife finally will go away from his life and live her life with someone who will be able to give her the love she deserves then why he was feeling so suffocated? So restless? As if he was not being provided with enough air to breathe.

He shouldn't feel like this. This is what he wanted.

But then, all these troublesome thoughts started eating him only from a mere sight of his wife's longing eye contact with another man in the morning.

And now this.... Their passionate hug, love filled gazes and endearing touch.

It took all the strength and self control in him to just stand as a silent witness and not to invade in their enamoured moment and create an inaccessible distance between them.

And by what right will he do so? It's not like they were husband and wife in true sense. There is only a distance of legitimate relationship between his wife and Zafiq Alam, but between him and his legitimate wife there is a distance of heart, of soul, of love, of affection, of communication..... infact there is no attachment between them at all. They belong to two different world...and that distance between them was endless and eternal which he will never be able to abridge nor does he ever want to.

After everyone retired to their own room, Jannat also came to her room and saw her husband standing silently at the window. She frowned seeing him still awake. Well, he wasn't an early sleeper but he doesn't stay awake for long at night either.

Nonetheless, without a word she finished her night routine and was going to bed when his deep, solemn voice stopped her dead in her tracks.

"That was a perfect scene"

She looked at him, eyebrows narrowed in confusion. Was he talking to her?

"The scene was mind-blowing where you were lost in a passionate hug with your secret lover"

Her heart skipped a beat when he finally turned around to face her and their eyes met. His as always blank eyes were red and emotionless face had a condescending look.

"Umm...I...ca..I....." She stuttered , absolutely dumbfounded, still in a daze by the fact that her husband was actually talking to her, looking at her like she always craved for.

Whereas She seemed absolutely unaware of the raging fire he was burning from the inside out.

"Yes, you. While being at someone's Nikkah, meeting another man secretly, hugging him, touching him like a desparate lover is called infidelity. Extramarital relation...which you are having with Zafiq Alam, for how long I don't know and even I don't care either."