Chapter 3

~Dard ke saaye mein jeene ki aadat si ho gayi hai,
Ab toh khushi ka ehsaas bhi kuch ajeeb si ho gayi hai~

              ••••••••••••••

It was like a dream come true.

But for some unknown reason she couldn't bring herself to smile, to be happy wholeheartedly.

The uneasiness, chaotic emotions, it all roused from her latent agony and heartache.

She stared at the anklets ignoring the strange feeling in heart and finally clasped them around her ankles.... with a silent Hope that it will not lead her to another heartache.

After a lots of internal debates she decided to wear them. Maybe he got it thinking of her as the mother of his children. Nothing else.

She shouldn't get her hopes high. And even if she got, there was nothing to lose. Not after all these Years.

On Saniya's imploration she wore a white coloured heavily embroidered kameez, Sharara and dupatta which was bought by Abdullah Shahnawaz for all the women of the house as tradition.

"Mashallah ! You are looking like a Hoor Jannat." Saniya exclaimed squeezing her in side hug "Aur aaj toh kuch alag hi chamak hai apke chehre pe mohtarma"

A bashful smile appeared on her face at her Saniya's teasing tone. Pretending seriousness she again checked herself in the mirror wondering if she overdressed?

"Jahan Miya ki toh Jahan Rukh Jani jai aaj Jannat ki hoor ko dekh ke" Saniya continued with her teasing but the moment she saw the small smile faltered from Jannat's countenance and she stepped back, Saniya mentally slapped herself and To lighten her mood she quickly changed the topic,

"Waise pata hai Hadia aapi ne kuch der pehle hi call Kiya tha, wo log nikal Gaye. Pahuch hi rahe honge. Tum bhi jaldi niche aa jao." With an affectionate pat on the shoulder Saniya left the room and Jannat drowned in ocean of hopeless feelings.

.
.

Baraat has arrived. (برات/ baraat: The procession of the bridegroom to the house of the bride, marriage procession; the company or attendants at a marriage;)

Guests were welcomed with merry shouts, whoops and warm hugs.

The bridegroom... 24 years old Shahveer Hammad Zaidi appeared in all his glory. Just like a prince charming. 

"Mashallah Shahveer Bhai, I never knew you were this handsome" Ishaaq said playfully.

But Shahveer gave him a cold stare without speaking anything, And Ishaaq's humour turned into horror. He nervously showed his thirty two. Shahveer grew up in their house, with them. But his personality was very intimidating. With his single glare he would get others terror-stricken .

And Ishaaq was a soft hearted Banda, so easily got scared to Shahveer.

"Ishaaq Bhai, wo dekhein kaun aaye hai" Sitara mouthed and Ishaaq looked at the direction Sitara pointed just to see two more cars were parked across the driveway. 

But then his eyes fell on a special person and his breath stopped and himself was frozen on the spot for a good amount of time. Someone who became the owner of Ishaaq Shahnawaz's heart since childhood. 20 years old Mahira Rizawan Farooq, cousin (phupu's daughter) of Shahveer Zaidi.

Ishaaq's childhood love.

"What the heaven! I had no idea she will come." Ishaaq muttered under his breath. "Oyee Taru, Mahi yeha ayengi tujhe pata tha?" He asked Sitara in hushed tone and the latter shook her head.