16: Worsening State of Mind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

⚠️TW this chapter contains: self-harm and thoughts of suicide

Recap: "Holy shit, Rina you're right! That IS Dongpyo Hotel! I have an idea...on how we can teach Jake a lesson for getting attention from Heeseung Oppa..." Minjae smirked devilishly.

The Next Day:

Jake took a step out the hotel, he was the last one out, following after his members. The fans screamed and shouted from behind the barricade. Jake tried his best to ignore the things the "fans" were shouting at him. But even someone as strong as Sim Jaeyun couldn't ignore it for long. 

"GO TO HELL JAKE!"

"FUCKING DIE YOU AUSSIE BITCH!"

"THE GROUP WOULD BE BETTER WITHOUT JAKE!"

Jake felt his anxiety getting the best of him, his hands trembling fearfully. Suddenly he felt something crack against his head and drip down to his shoulder. He glanced in the direction the egg flew from only to have another egg collide into his face. The egg didn't crack but the force of it made Jake fall to the ground. "Oh my god Jake!" Kuanlin ran over to him. 

"Fuck you, Jake! Kill yourself!"  Minjae screamed before throwing another egg, nailing Jake right in the nose. Blood splattered on Jake's face as he groaned. Heeseung ran over to Jake and shielded him.

"ARE YOU ALL CRAZY?!" Heeseung screamed. The staff's eyes widened, fearfully trying to stop Heeseung. "ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCKING KILL HIM!?" Heeseung was becoming rageful. "YOU CANNOT HONESTLY THINK THAT HURTING MY BEST FRIEND IS GOING TO MAKE ME LIKE ANY OF YOU!" Heeseung grit his teeth. Kuanlin and Seungmin carefully brought Jake into the car. The staff was desperately trying to calm Heeseung down, but it was no use. "DONT CALL YOURSELVES OUR FANS IF YOU'RE TREATING ONE OF US LIKE THIS! HE DID NOTHING WRONG!" Heeseung shouted, the fans were all silent and wide eyed. 

"Lee Heeseung get in the car!" Kim Daniel's angry voice boomed from one of the cars. Heeseung took a deep breath, glaring at the silent crowd before entering the car. He looked at Jake with a worried expression. Jake held a cloth against his nose. 

"Jaeyun..." Heeseung breathed out. "Let me see," he carefully guided Jake's hand away to get a better look at his nose. "Holy shit...Jaeyunnie..." Heeseung's eyes widened at the sight. "Your nose is broken..." a horrible feeling of guilt and self-blame took hold of Heeseung. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry... This is all my fault... they hate you because of me..." Heeseung's eyes welled up with tears. 

"Hyung..." Jake spoke carefully. "It's okay," he placed his hand on Heeseung's shoulder in a reassuring way. 

"N-no...no it's not...Jaeyunnie this is bad... this is really fucking bad..." Heeseung sobbed, gazing at Jake's bloody and bruised face through tear filled eyes. 

Jake was brought to the hospital. Heeseung was furious because he couldn't go with him for fear of controversy. So instead, he went to grab some coffee with Jay. 

"It's been a while Hyung, how you been?" Jay asked taking a seat at a table.

"Not very good...I'm sure you've heard about the rumors and controversy with Jake and I..." Heeseung mumbled, sitting down across from Jay. 

"Yeah, Jungwon told me about it," Jay rested his hands on the table, leaning a tiny bit closer to gesture for Heeseung to continue. Heeseung rested his elbows on the table and buried his face in his hands. He let out a sigh before continuing.

"The fans are becoming possessive...They're physically hurting Jake over something I did..." Heeseung choked back tears. "They broke his nose...and I can't even see him in the hospital because it could cause more controversy..." Heeseung wiped the tears as they fell. 

"Hyung...please don't blame yourself..." Jay spoke gently. "It's not your fault the 'fans' are being horrible..." Jay looked at his friend with worry in his eyes. 

"How can I not blame myself...?" Heeseung couldn't keep up with wiping away his tears as more began to fall. "I only meant to save him from the fireworks...but I didn't know all this would happen after I chose to not get up right away...part of me just wanted to be able to hold Jake...just once in front of the fans..." Heeseung's nose was pink from crying.

"Hyung...You didn't know...It's not yo-"

"I should have...I should have known..." Heeseung cut Jay off. "Maybe...I should...let Jake live out his idol dream peacefully..." Heeseung spoke in a tone that startled Jay. 

"What do you mean? Are you going to quit the gro-"

"Jay...I should go..." Heeseung cut Jay off again. 

"Why? What's wrong?" Jay nervously watched Heeseung stand up. 

"I'm just...tired. Sorry I'm leaving on such short notice...thanks for coming anyways..." Heeseung mumbles, keeping from eye contact. 

"Are you sure you're alright Hyung?" Jay stood up. Heeseung nodded and turned his head away. 

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Heeseung muttered, turning around and leaving the cafe. Jay watched him until he was out of sight, he knew something was off.

Heeseung spent the rest of the afternoon into the evening in his dorm. His mindset only worsened to the point where he was holding a razorblade in his hand, considering cutting himself. He was trembling, he brought the blade to his skin, remembering all the nasty things the fans were shouting at Jake. Telling himself again and again. "It's my fault..." 

He cut up his arms, his brain rambling as he watched the blood dripping down his arms. "I should give Jake...a peaceful idol life..." "without me..." "I should die..." Heeseung trembled as he struggled to think of anything good. He was so clouded with negativity that he decided to give into it. He hung a noose from the ceiling, his hands shaking badly. He was scared of his thoughts...he was scared of himself...

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote and add this to your library. Leave a comment if you're enjoying it so far! <3333

AN: HEESEUNG NO! NO! BAD HEESEUNG! DONT! Been feeling a lil depresso so I decided to write a little angst.