20 questions

– ditching parties is never zavier's thing, he likes to have his fun.
but when alora asks him to ditch the afterparty of their grad ball,
he finds himself all the way at her house... playing 20 questions?

-

Jaiden Abalos is a beast when it comes to throwing parties; like the one Zavier and Alora are at, the afterparty of their Graduation Ball. Hard drinks were poured into cups, shot glasses, and mouths. The pulsating bass of the music enveloped everyone, setting the tone for what promised to be an unforgettable night (it really was an unforgettable night). The living room had been transformed into a makeshift dance floor, bathed in a kaleidoscope of colorful lights that danced to the rhythm of the music.

Clad in a black button-down and black slacks, Zavier leans on the counter, a bottle of mule in his hands. He observes the lively spectacle before him. The rhythmic beats reverberated through the floor, creating a magnetic pull that tempted even the most hesitant to join the celebration. He had noticed Jaiden a few hours ago, the mastermind behind the revelry, weaving through the crowd with an effortless charisma, pouring tequila into different mouths in the middle of the dancefloor.

It was around 2 in the morning and the party had just finished. Most of the people had left, leaving his closest friends in the venue, and they decided they were sleeping in the guest rooms. He chuckles to himself, seeing that his friends are gone– slowly slipping away from the clutches of sobriety. In the corner, a makeshift bar showcased an array of drinks, from classic sodas to colorful concoctions to just pure hard drinks, all hinted at the night's wild potential (the Abalos family were filthy rich). Everyone had moved to the poolside, where there were garden tables, and foam chairs– the space illuminated by the hanging fairy lights and the bulbs coming from under the pool itself.

Unlike his friend, Yago, who is struggling to keep his eyes open, Zavier is – surprisingly – sober. To be fair, he had always prided himself on a high alcohol tolerance (he had been given a few chugs, but so far he was standing still). He only watches them from the poolside, trying their best to finish what's left of the bar and the bottles Jaiden had circled the people who partied with them. They acted like there was no tomorrow like it was the only day to let go. To Zavier, it made sense, leaving high school meant they had to set foot into the first stage of adulthood. After all, after their graduation ball, comes graduation itself.

He stares aimlessly at the liquid of the bottle, doing nothing but swirling it around and watching as the bubbles of the beverage rise to the top. The raucous noise wasn't the only reason why Zavier had gone back inside the kitchen; he also needed some peace of mind... especially after receiving his acceptance letter from UP Diliman. His college admissions– he exhales while thinking about it. He applied to three schools, namely Mapua, UST, and UP Diliman. Much to his surprise, he passed all three.

He should have been the happiest man alive, but he's torn. It's a tough decision, after all.

"Oh, my god... I'm so glad I found you here. Feeling ko mababaliw na ako sa kakahintay na masuka si Yago or something."

Zavier snaps out of this train of thought, shifting his attention to the owner of the voice– it was Alora. His heart skips a beat, seeing Alora hold onto the sliding door and smiling at him; heels long abandoned, cheeks flushed with a tint of light pink, wearing a black, silk body-con dress, and her ash brown hair sitting neatly on her shoulders. Alora was relieved to find Zavier leaning on the kitchen counter, as she was seeking solace in someone who didn't look like they were going to puke their intestines out in a millisecond.