we can't be friends.

tagaytay nights part 2 ;>

-

Waking up next to Sophia seemed like the hardest thing to do at the moment. The morning light filtered through his curtains, casting a soft glow upon the room as Zeke stirred from his slumber. The weight of the previous night hung heavy in the air. As turned to face Sophia, her peaceful form bathed in the gentle light, Zeke couldn't help but feel a pang of uncertainty gnawing at his heart.

He takes his phone, bombarded with different messages and notifications. He opens his Instagram, noticing the different replies to his Instagram story, a simple yet captivating snapshot of the night sky adorned with twinkling stars and dancing lights, a simple caption on the middle portion: "solace"

rodriguezdm: You went to Tagaytay? Who tf is supposed to drive me back to QC??

jdabalos: layo mo baby

oberozavier: Sophia nalang nasa isip araw-araw, tanggalin kaya natin utak mo

eliander: goodbye philippines, hello tagaytay!

He rolls his eyes, scrolling past the barrage of messages with a mix of amusement and annoyance. They seemed like they knew that he was with Sophia– after all, they knew she was the only one he was talking to at the moment. With a sigh, Zeke sets his phone aside, the glow of the screen fading into the dimness of his surroundings. The weight of their words linger in the air, a silent echo of the thoughts that had plagued him the night before.

He glances to his side where she is sleeping. Sophia lay in peaceful repose, her features softened by the gentle embrace of sleep. Golden strands of hair spilled across the pillow, a cascade of silk framing the delicate contours of her face. In the muted light, her skin glowed with an ethereal luminescence, casting shadows that danced across her features like whispered secrets. Her eyelashes fluttered with each rhythmic breath, a delicate flutter against the canvas of her cheeks.

"You're staring too much."

Zeke's mind swirled with fragments of memories from the previous night, each moment etched into his consciousness like brushstrokes on a canvas. The echo of laughter, the warmth of touches, and the playful banter— all lingered in the recesses of his mind, refusing to fade with time.

As he felt Sophia's gaze upon him, a flush of self-consciousness washed over Zeke.

"Sorry..." He says, looking in a different direction when he notices Sophia's eyes flutter open.

"What time is it?" She says, blinking away the remnants of sleep.

"Uh, it's nine. Aga mo nagising."

She nods, sitting up, "Mas lalo ka na? What time did you wake up? I felt you staring at me."

"Sorry," he chuckles. "I was just... looking at you. I woke up around 8."

Sophia's lips curled into a playful smile at Zeke's admission, her gaze softening as she met his eyes.