tagaytay nights

after a family fight, sophia calls on her favorite distraction, ezekiel. but instead of exploring her sexcapades, ezekiel unexpectedly finds himself confronting a part of himself he has long avoided.

"All physical. Nothing serious."

that's what he was– until a kiss sends shivers down his spine and he's left with a turmoil of emotions that he can't seem to grasp. 

-

Sophia wanted to disappear.

Family fights after family fights, she was so tired. Sophia's weary soul felt suffocated under the weight of her family's countless problems. Each argument, like a relentless storm, battered her fragile spirit. God, she was a strong woman, wasn't she? How could she let her guard down earlier? The once vibrant colors of life seemed to have faded into shades of gray, leaving her trapped in a desolate landscape of despair. Nothing could distract her from the pit in her stomach, begging to be filled with happiness all over again.

She longed for peace, a respite from the ceaseless turmoil that plagued her existence. There was no one to run to. All her friends had their own thing, it was embarrassing to run to them all of a sudden. She usually took them lightly, but she couldn't handle being alone with her thoughts anymore. It was driving her crazy by the second.

Sophia gets in her car, taking a deep breath as she clutches the steering wheel. At the moment, peace remained an elusive dream, shimmering on the distant horizon like a mirage– something so unattainable, like nothing could save her. With no one to call, no one to run to, a tear cascades down her supple cheeks– the walls of her heart grow higher, shielding her from the world outside, imprisoning her within the confines of her suffering.

"Punyeta, ano ba naman 'to..." She sighs, leaning her head on the steering wheel. "Ayokong umuwi sa bahay."

Sophia's frustration swirled within her like a tempest, threatening to engulf her in its tumultuous embrace. With a heavy heart, she lifted her head from the steering wheel, her mind weighed down by the prospect of returning to the chaos that awaited her at home. Now, she didn't want to go back to that 'shithole', going back home felt like a ridiculous idea. Distraction was solely the solution to her troubles.

"Fuck this shit... I can't believe I'm doing this..." She sighs, turning on her phone. The moment the screen lighted up, her finger instinctively went to Instagram– like it was some habit to her. Deep down, she knew who to call, and she knew that it was wrong... No, there was nothing wrong with it. That was their setup. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. She tried to comfort herself through her predicaments. She knew she needed a distraction and she knew this one person could give it to her.

sophialorraine_: hey

sophialorraine_: you up?

She stared into the abyss after she sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time. The mere thought of stepping through the threshold of her house filled her with a sense of dread.

cadebautista: heyy

cadebautista: what's up?