37.

a/n: hey everyone! I just wanted to warn you all this chapter gets a bit spiiiiccyyy if you feel me lol so if you would rather not read that part it's toward the end of the chapter!

Just forewarning! I hope you all are still enjoying the story and enjoy this chapter!! :)

__

Summer 2018
Monaco

Ginny was officially done with high school! She was a high-school-grad with straight A's and was going to attend Columbia University in the fall. She'd picked out her major too: education.

She wanted a career that would help the community and she loved kids, so teaching was the best option. Pauline didn't understand why she'd want to pursue such a low-income position, but Ginny didn't care about the money.

If teachers cared about their salary, there would be absolutely zero teachers in the United States.

Ginny knew what she was getting herself into, and she was excited. Plus, her best friend in New York also declared her major in Education. They'd be taking the same classes at Columbia. Timothée had shown the both of them around campus before the Chalamet's left for France. Ginny couldn't wait for classes to begin.

But first...

Summer.

And it was going more smoothly than normal.

Especially with... Pierre.

Ginny had been the last to find out, per usual, that Pierre's family had bought a house in Monaco- meaning that they'd be going there for the summer. It had been a year since Hervé's passing, but the Leclerc's extended family were still staying in their estate.

Pascale enjoyed having a lot of people around, thus a full house. So instead of staying with Charles and Chloe, they'd be staying with Pierre and his parents. Pauline was flying back and forth between France and the U.S, so she wasn't even going to be there, just Ginny and Timmy. Pauline had her own life, but made sure to check on her siblings when she could.

Ginny prepared herself for Pie Face all the way over to Monaco, but upon arrival, Pierre was acting... different.

He didn't insult her.

He didn't call her names.

He didn't glare at her like all the years before.

It was as if Pierre's good side had come out indefinitely, but Ginny was still weary.

At dinner, she would test him by being smart with him, but he would only compliment her. If he did get smart back, it was something more... flirty.

When Ginny had gotten off the plane and had a terrible headache, Pierre brought her ibuprofen, a heating pad, and offered to watch a movie with her.

When Chloe had to cancel on their breakfast date because of a casting call, Pierre took her instead and paid for everything. And when they passed a bookstore on the way home, he stopped on his own accord and let her pick out a few paperbacks. And he paid again.

When everyone else had gone to bed, Pierre would sneak into her room and take her down to the pool so they could swim together under the moonlight.

Ginny thought he might have died and come back to life a saint. But she did like how he treated her... she just didn't understand the change. She had noticed after her incident a couple years back that he'd cared less about her- wouldn't be as mean, but wasn't nice necessarily.

Then, after Hervé's funeral, Pierre seemed to have this softened personality. She wished all the time she could read his mind, because none of his actions made sense.