36.

a/n: please forgive meeee lol I've been feeling so unmotivated when it comes to writing! I have some good chapters planned coming up though!! But I hope you all enjoy this one!

Present Day
Monaco

Ginny woke up the morning of the race, feeling light and breezy. Perhaps it was due to the open window, but she didn't mind. The weather was beautiful outside and she rolled on her side to watch the blue sky and thin, whisky white clouds. She listened to the ocean, closing her eyes once more in a memory of Pierre.

She didn't blame her mind wandering back to the frenchman... not when she was going to tell him she loved him after the race. Today was the big day. And her memories blossomed like a bright rose.

"You look beautiful." Pierre whispered in her ear, pressing a kiss to the crook of her neck. His hair was still wet from the pool and tickled her on the cheek. His ocean-green eyes traced over her semi-bare body, leaning back on his elbows to take everything in.

Ginny grabbed his hand and moved it to her chest, pleading... "I want to be yours... Etoile."

She snapped out of her flashback and felt a sudden heat on the back of her neck. She shook her head in dismay. She threw her legs over the side of the hotel bed and reached for her phone on the nightstand. Chloe had texted her around six in the morning about how she was craving some crepes. Ginny chuckled to herself and dialed her best friend's number. Chloe answered after the first ring.

"Please tell me you're also in the mood for crepes." She begged before Ginny could even say hello.

"When am I not in the mood for crepes? Why don't we all go before the race? Wherever you want to go."

"I'm not sure Charles and Pierre will be able to join, and even if they could it's not like they could indulge, but I'd like for the rest of us to get breakfast! Henry and I are dressed already, I just have to call Tani and let her know. We'll come get you in thirty minutes!" Chloe squealed like a school girl.

Ginny smiled and nodded swiftly, "Sounds good. I'll tell my brother and Austin."

"How are you feeling?" Chloe was probably raising an eyebrow. She sounded serious and playful all at once. She lowered her voice to a whisper and coughed, "About you-know-who?"

"Good." Ginny answered confidently, even though her stomach was starting to do Sommer saults. She was so exhausted from the back-and-forth between herself and Pierre. It was time to settle things- to clear the air for real. She couldn't think about whether or not he'd feel the same way or want to be with her romantically.

He could laugh in her face for all she knew, but this had to be done. She couldn't leave Monaco without talking to him... about what happened all those years ago... and why he'd always hold a piece of her heart. "I'm not going to worry about what he'll say. I'm just going to tell him and that'll be that."

"What are you going to say about that summer? I mean... how are you-"

"I'm not sure." Ginny cut her off, not trying to be rude. "I'm just hoping he won't make fun of me."

"You know he only does that because he's jealous." Chloe groaned.

"I know." Ginny rolled her eyes. "Do you think... do you think it'll go... well?"

"Only time will tell." Chloe sighed, "But I don't have any doubt he'll feel the same way."

"Thanks, Chlo." Ginny felt her heart warm. "I gotta get ready, now."