23.

Summer 2014
Le Mans, France
Pierre

The dinner party was a drag and it had only just begun. There were guests filing in right on time, bringing cakes and brownies and home-made lasagna and all sorts of bullshit. Jean and Pascale wanted the best kinds of people in their home: elites.

Businessmen.

Politicians.

Celebrities.

Ceo's.

Any and all important Formula One associates.

And Pierre needed to be a kiss up to every single one of them. He was sour because of it- having to come up with a bunch of stupid compliments for adults who couldn't care less about whether or not he followed his dream. But he couldn't be a racer without sponsors. He couldn't progress without connections. He couldn't do anything without anyone.

Unfortunately.

The only good part about tonight was...

Ginny.

Unfortunately.

He wondered where she was? Still getting ready, he presumed. His mind wandered to the dress made out of silk that Chloe had let her borrow. He'd caught sight of it on his way out, noting the bright blue color that would make Ginny glow like an angel.

Like a star.

His star.

He tried to fight that sensational feeling with alcohol, slipping a bottle of wine from the buffet tables arranged in the back room into his suit jacket. He rushed to the kitchen in hopes of solace, but found the others nipping crackers off the charcuterie boards. He let out a groan, not afraid to show his dislike towards the double-daters being there.

"Shouldn't you all be making out somewhere?"

"Shouldn't you be talking to some execs?" Max fired back with his usual flare. He had his arm wrapped around Chloe's ass, his fingers tracing the outline of her underwear.

Pierre stifled a gag. "I need a drink before doing that."

"The whole bottle, Pierre? Jesus." Chloe shook her head, frowning. "Why don't you just drink it out of there, then?"

"I'm not a savage, Chloe." Pierre rolled his eyes. He extended his arm towards Charles and snapped his pointer finger against his thumb. "Pass me a glass, will you?"

The boys were dressed similarly: black tuxes with white button downs underneath. Shiny loafers for the feet. The only differences were that Pierre showed off his bare chest, while Charles and Max looked like Priests off the clock. Chloe wore a red-pencil skirt with a white blouse that had pirate sleeves. Victoria was in an off-the-shoulder pink dress that had ruffles on the ends and a big bow on the back. She looked like a doll.

Charles kissed her on the cheek and turned to the cabinet behind him. There were some cooks whizzing about the area- adding some last minute touches to a couple dishes. They didn't say anything about the five of them being in the way. They probably wouldn't even if they were in the way. Charles grabbed a big wine cup from the top shelf and handed it to Pierre with a raised brow.

"You nervous or something?" His voice was skewed with accusation.

Pierre popped the cork of the wine bottle and started pouring, staring right at him with a grin. The red liquid oozed out of the bottle and trickled into the glass with ease. He didn't stop pouring either as he spoke. "Why would I be nervous, Charles?"

He was nervous though. But not for the same reasons his buddies would think. He was nervous because of Ginny. The conversation they had. He couldn't get her voice out of his fucking head.