Chapter 23

There are mentions of SA in this chapter, it will be marked with ⊹⊹⊹ as always

Lacy:

---

Words couldn't begin to describe how I felt.

My body froze and my ears rang, I couldn't hear Riley's voice, all I saw was Jacob. Riley, Mia, and their mom were blurred out and my head spun.

I felt complete fear wash over me as my body and mindset were set back to last winter. Classical ballet music ran in my head, I felt touching on all the most sacred parts of my body, and my legs. 

The grin on his face now haunted me as he stared at me, my teary eyes and my disbelieved expression. I couldn't shake it, the man who had ruined my entire life was standing only three feet in front of me, too close.

Finally, my brain sent the message to my feet and I stepped back, crashing into someone behind me. When I turned around they looked at me with a glare.

I heard no noise as their mouth moved, as Riley's mouth moved.

"Hello, Lacy," his evocative voice rang, the only noise I heard.

"How do you know her name? Mom didn't tell you," Riley's voice was distant.

It sent a shock through my body as I opened my mouth to scream but nothing but a whimper came out.

"Is everything alright?" he said, placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"Don't touch me," my voice was shakey but firm. 

I felt the numbness leave my body as I turned around and ran, shoving through people as my feet slammed into the ground. I frantically searched for an exit, looking each way and seeing nothing but a corner. I just kept running though, circling the ballroom and exiting it as I pushed through the heavy, tall doors, seeing my family as I forced myself through them as well.

"Lacy!" I heard my dad yell, along with my whole family, with Riley, Garrett, and Elliot.

I ignored it though as I threw my body into the entrance doors and ran so quickly down the steps I almost slipped as my feet went under me, feeling a hand slip to catch my waist. I whipped my head around to be met with Jacob.

"Get away," I muttered like a scared deer.

"I knew you were going here but to date my daughter, my blood?" he chuckled as his hands gripped tightly onto my hips.

I stared at him, his eyes green like Riley's, the same brown curly hair which was short, stubble on his face, and pale skin.

How did I not notice?

Tears jerked in my eyes.

A lot of things may scare you but imagine how it feels to see your sexual assaulter again. You can't imagine it, my whole mind couldn't comprehend and I thought I'd just wake up, that this was all just a bad dream and I'd be in Riley's arms and she'd have a different dad.

"Not again," my words were useless and incoherent as I spoke to myself.

"You knew it'd happen again," he said, an angered look on his face. "You didn't miss me? Never thought about me, that's disappointing,"

What he did, what he's doing is horrendous, but he's making a joke about it. I reached into my back pocket to search for my phone, seeing it wasn't there, then he held it in front of my eyes. My heart stopped, if I didn't have arrhythmia before, I did now. 

"I couldn't dance for four months because of you," I breathed heavily, feeling my head spin.

His hand slipped under my skirt running along my thigh as my jaw quivered and tears spilt down my face. I gasped sharply letting out sobs, praying to God that someone would come outside and see. See his hand under my skirt, sneaking up my sweater and into my tights, just like the first time.