Chapter 9 : Debut

Start from the beginning

He heard the door of the toilets open. There was a group of guys coming to wash their hands. 

- Did you see it ? 

- Yeah about Dream's Na Jaemin ? 

- Yeah... 

- He is so shameless. He said he was straight and he kisses boys in the back. 

- Yeah what a liar. 

- I sensed it from the start, that this guy wasn't honest with his fans. 

- He doesn't deserve to debut. What if he lies even more to us in the future ? 

After that they left and Jaemin felt sick. He couldn't breathe, memories flooding him. He remembers kissing him, saying they will stay together forever. "Liar". He remembered being locked up in the toilets, just like now. People laughing at him. Pushing and punching him. And worst of it, they were attacking Jeno and he was standing there looking at the scene like a statue. 

He grabbed his head with his hands, tears finally coming on his cheeks. 

- I-I-I-I'm s-s-sor-r-r-ry J-j-je-n-n-n-o... He whispered while crying. 

I'm such a coward. I can't even assume I still love him and that I'm gay

Suddenly he heard voices calling his name. It was the members looking for him. Even Jeno was screaming his name. 

He is surely happy now that I can't debut. I hope he succeeds in taking his revenge on me. (Jaemin)

In fact, Jeno was happy. He was so happy that the wheel turned. His plan is working pretty well. 

I hope you are destroyed Na Jaemin. When he heard Jeno's voice coming close he started trembling. The feeling of fear was too strong. He wasn't feared of Jeno in particular but he was afraid of getting bullied. He was moaning in fear. 

Jeno heard something. It was heavy breathings. 

- Jaemin I know you are there, open the door right now or I will smash it. 

- D-d-

- WHAT ? 

- D-do-o-n't- 

- Okay I'm gonna explode it right now. Move away from the door. 

He banged the door with his right foot, strongly. When the door opened he saw a boy rolled into a ball that moved back and forth. 

- D-d-d-d-d-on't h-h-hu-r-r-t m-m-e pl-e-a-s-s-s-s-se. 

Jeno was horrified. He didn't know Jaemin would have a panic attack because of it. He wasn't going to do anything to harm the boy but seeing him in this state he was worried. 

- Hey, I'm not gonna hurt. I'm sorry for last time. I'm really sorry about it. 

He approached Jaemin slowly and touched his head with his hand, gently. 

- It's okay, it's over now. I'm here. 

Jeno knew from the past how to deal with a feared and panicked Jaemin. He didn't want to do it but he was really worried right now. So he went and hugged Jaemin from the back. 

- Shh, shh, it's okay, it's over baby. 

It slipped out of his mouth. 

Fuck, I didn't mean to call him that

- Everything is fine now. 

- Did we hear it right ? Did you just call him baby ? Chenle asked with a bright smile. 

It was always Chenle. 

- I told you guys, they are together. You didn't believe me. (Chenle)

- Well that's- (Renjun) 

- No, no, no- I mean I said it but it was a reflex of mine. I didn't mean to call him that. (Jeno panicked) And we aren't a couple anymore. 

- Anymore ? (Jisung) So it means you were before ? When ? 

- No no no. Fuck I'm getting in deeper shit now. 

- Well yeah, we will see about this later. How are you Jaemin. (Mark asked serious) 

He was genuinly worried about Jaemin and really suspicious about Jeno. Plus he knew there were tensions between the two, so them being a couple didn't make sense at all. 

- He is fine now. (Jeno)

- Yeah now that he is in your arms. (Mark angry)

Mark was angry only because he didn't have any confidence in Jeno but Haechan took it as if Mark was jealous of Jeno. It worsened the situation. He was on the verge of crying. He looked down. Chenle too proccupied by the couple information to even notice it. But Renjun saw it and took Haechan outside the toilets. 

- You know he likes you, you don't need to look down. 

- He hates me, I'm pretty sure of it. 

- No he loves you. 

- No he hates me. 

- Guys it's not the moment. Jaemin lost conciousness. 

Actually Jeno and Mark were fighting over who would take Jaemin to the infirmary and didn't see that Jaemin fainted. Jeno didn't even know why he wanted to take him to the infirmary. He said to himself that it was because Mark provoked him. (Yes if you want) 

Jaemin was so tired, and stressed that he fainted. When he opened his eyes he was in his bed. His back and neck hurts him like crazy. He touched his neck and felt a bandage on it. 

- Yeah you scratched it pretty hard. You should be more careful about your wounds. 

Jaemin looked at the one who talked to him. It was Jeno. Well it was there room. He was looking outside by the window. 

- I didn't know it would affect you that much, I'm sorry. 

Jaemin wanted to stand up and say that he wasn't his fault that everything was his own fault and that Jeno should continue on his revenge. But when he stood he screamed out of pain. It was his back. Jeno gave him an alarming look. 

- What ? What is it ? (Jeno extremly worried and stressed) 

- My back- It hurts. 

- Let me see. 

- N-n-n-no I-I-

- It's okay, I'm just gonna look at it. 

Jaemin didn't have the strength to argue anymore. Jeno lifted his shirt and saw an awful bruise. He moved back and grabbed his head with his strong arms stunned. 

- I'm so sorry Jaemin. I shouldn't have pushed you that time. 

- No it's my fault. You don't have to worry about that it's nothing. 

Jeno's tears flowded. "Why, why are you saying it's your fault when it's clearly mine. It makes me want to stop taking revenge on you."

- No you have to continue Jeno, because I hurt you first. Please remember all these times you suffered because of me. 

Jeno wiped his tears and left the room. He went back one minute with an aid kit. 

- You don't have to do this. 

- Stand still. I have to. It's my fault. 

- No it's mine. 

- Fine it's ours. Now turn around and show me your back. 

He applied gently the cream. Jaemin was moaning in pain. 

I'm sorry, my corrector left me.