Really Small Problems

Open on the back of the Owl House. Cut to the kitchen where Eda is stirring something on the stove while King is watching Luz and Kaito talk to Willow and Gus on a crystal ball.

"So they said I couldn't remove my thumb, but look at that!" Luz pretends to remove her thumb. "Whoop!"

"You sliced it off!" Gus panicked. "You sliced off your own thumb!"

Willow chuckles. "You make doing homework actually fun."

"And they say humans can't do magic."

"Luz..." King climbs onto the table. "Nyeh! You've been talking to them all morning. Don't forget about the Luz and King comedy hour!"

"Please, no. Not the comedy hour..."

"This week I've been working with props!" King turns around to show a cardboard tube on his nose. "Oh dear, I've gotten a tube stuck on my nose! Will I ever eat again?" He slams a piece of bread on his face. "Looks like I'm toast!"

Luz and King laugh.

"It just goes on like this for an hour!"

"I still trying to figure out how they keep coming up with new jokes. Especially bread jokes." Kaito says while putting on his headphones and playing music so he doesn't have to hear the jokes.

"Heyo, dough boy, quit loafing around!"

"Why don't you bake me?"

Luz and King laugh. The crystal ball buzzes with an alarm and flashes red. The time, 8:00, flashes below Willow and Gus.

"School time! See you guys in class! Come on Kaito!"

"Bye!"

"But what about the thumb?!"

"Gus the thumb is fine," Kaito tells him.

Luz ends the call. King sighs disappointedly.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll finish our comedy hour when I get home." Luz kisses King's skull and heads for the door alongside Kaito.

"Hee hee, oh, you!"

"Try not to miss us while we're gone!" Luz closes the door.

King scrambles over to the door. "You... you really think she's coming back this time? I mean Kaito comes back all the time but what about Luz?"

"Yes, she'll be back; she always comes back. It's cute you miss her, though."

"The King of Demons—" King tosses the bread and tube off. "The King of Demons misses nobody! I wouldn't care if she came through this door right now! Wha!"

Luz and Kaito come through the door.

"Hey, you're—"

"You're back!" King climbs up onto Luz's head. "I didn't miss you at all."

"Apparently there's an infestation of pixies at Hexside, so school's been canceled."

"That sounds like a crumby situation."

Luz and King laugh.

"Hey! Guess what's been in my mouth that I'm about to throw up!"

Hooty gags for several long moments. Everyone stares at him in disgust. He finally throws up letters and a box.

"The mail!"

Eda goes through the letters. "Junk, junk, death hex." She tosses the death hex letter into a trashcan, which condenses into a dark purple ball before disappearing entirely. "Oh, a carnival's in town today!"