21 - All is fair in love and war (Dante & Ivory)

My knees drag across the floor as I lay myself down on the soaked pavement feeling nothing but burning pain for the love of my life.

A singular tear rolls down my cheek as I pray for her safety and health until I can get to her. And I hope to fuck I can get there within seconds.

"I love you my gorgeous Tesoro.  I will rescue you, I promise.  I can't go on without you."  I whisper underneath my breath as tears stream down my face. 

I tip my head back to stare up at the stars which Ivory loves so very deeply. 

The darkness of the night sky consumes me, making the empty feeling roaming freely in every single crevice of my body significantly stronger.

A singular stars shimmers in my peripheral, instantly drawing my attention to this small but mighty light and from this very moment I know.

I know that I will destroy the Calzones with my bare fucking hands.  I know that I will win this goddamn war he has begun, and I'll win it for her.  For us. 

"It's time."  I growl as I wipe the tears with the back of my hand while retuning back to my ruthless ways with a simple switch.

"All is fair in love and war.  Right brother?"  Nicholas rasps while he clicks the button on the car keys I handed him.

"In a fight I'm fucking lethal.  With her,  I melt."  I shamelessly admit while running my hand across my face.

Nicholas climbs into the car putting it swiftly into drive while I code the destination into the satnav.

"Call Zoe for me." Nicholas asks when the car begins to drive forward. He slides me over his phone with Zoe's caller ID already present on the screen.

I chuckle with a shake of my head while watching the phone ring,  on the second ring Zoe's anxious voice flows freely through the speaker.

"She's on speaker."  I state when Nicholas's eyes turns towards the phone lying on my lap.

"Nicholas are you okay?" She questions with a wobbly voice.

"Yes mia cara I'm alright.  Just a little issue with Ivory." Nicholas states when his eyes return to the road ahead.

"Oh my.  What's happened is she and Dante okay?"  God it must be hell for Dante."

"It is."  I growl out.  "But we are going to get her back, I promised you both you'd be safe in a Heiro's hands." 

"Yes and I well believe it."  She states clearly with an evident smile on her face.  "I'll let you two it then." 

"Thanks Zo."  I state.

"I love you."  Nicholas quips with an embarrassed smile dominating his features.

"And I love you."  Zoe calls before ending the call.

"Wow.  Didn't know you were capable of love" I chuckle.

"Ditto brother,  ditto."  He spits as he presses his foot hard on the accelerator.

The sound of a phone call blares through the cars speakers immediately telling me that it's my phone that's ringing.

Nicholas presses the answer on the steering wheel and I frown at the sound of the voice of Franko.

"Heiro."  I call.

"I know." He spits back.  "Your wife is in a little trouble."  He adds.

"What the fuck have you done to her?"  I ask.

"More like what have you done to her."  He spits.

"I wouldn't do anything to hurt her.  I love her far too much for that."