20 - lost without you (Dante & Ivory)

"Dante fucking relax." Nicholas orders like he owns everyone in this entire place.

"They took my wife! I will not relax until she's back in my arms. Understood?" I demand with my hand on my gun that I told Ivory I would no longer use, and for that I'm sorry Tesoro.

"Enzo! Take Zoe with you, keep her safe." Nicholas calls over to my driver while placing a soft kiss to Zoe's forehead.

"You'll come back right?" Zoe whispers with tears in her eyes.

"I'll always come back." Nicholas promises when he finally prys his hand out of hers.

My men follow me like a group of blood hounds following their master. And fuck does it make me feel powerful.

"Joseph, check the tracker on Ivorys phone."

"Got it." He immediately responds showing me the evidence while we walk through the mound of people crowding the exit.

"Here." I growl as I throw Nicholas the keys to my McLaren.

"Take me to the old warehouse they stole from us." I smirk.

"Certainly." He responds with the very same smirk of pure knowledge and rage at our enemies.

As soon as the cold air hits me, I immediately feel a sense of Ivorys warmth.  Telling me that she's close enough to touch and fuck do I need her. 

She keeps me safe from the demons that have consumed every fibre of my being since my mother left.

Ivory is the only one who can save me from their consumption.

Nicholas's hands fall against my shoulders holding me tight as we both spot the distinctive red car in front of us.

I shrug his hands off me, while waving frantically at the car in front of me to turn off the ignition and bring my wife back to me.

The deep bright headlights flick on, while the back window rolls down revealing a short glimpse of Ivorys tear stained face.

My eyes widen as the sight of my wife staring blankly at me with tears streaming down her gorgeous face.

A face filled with pain.
Pain I will inflict back on Franko fucking Calzone.

"Ivory." I strangle out as I fall to my knees in the pouring rain.  The cold droplets hit my back in hard streams like bullets being fired at a target.

I swallow deeply as I watch the car fly past me down the main road,  never to once turn around.

Leaving me on the soaking pavement with a broken heart.  And no one to pick up the pieces.

————————————————————————

Ivory

I lay in the back of the car,  hunched over in absolute agony as my thoughts swarm with nothing but love and adoration for Dante.

His gorgeous face, his deep raspy voice, his smooth touch, the way his smile moves so slowly across his perfect features like a moonrise gracing the night sky.

I smile as I remember back to the day we first met, and how his expression was so incredibly serious yet I liked how it soften slightly whenever he saw me walking aimlessly around that east wing. 

And now I know that the way he looks at me is different to the way he looks at everyone else.

I blink back the tears that threaten to form as I picture my husband's face smiling at me, telling me that he loves me and that everything will be okay. 

A sudden cough has me twisted my head towards a dainty Italian woman with a first aid box turned in her hand.

"Hi honey, I'm here to do a request health check on you.  I heard you were in pain."  She states with her thick Italian accent.

"What... what for?" I question while still pressing my hand to my stomach.

The red haired woman aggressively rolls her eyes at me as she removes my hands from my body and places them on my legs.

She places her hands against me stomach,  feeling carefully.

Her expression softens as she reaches one hand into her medical box.

"Take this." She orders with a sweet smile.

I take the blank box with confusion, looking back and forth at the box and her. 

"Bathroom." She states as if it's the most obvious answer ever.

I look out the window,  finally realising that we have stopped moving. 

I take a good look at my surroundings and see nothing but wood and ripped bags of dirt lining every corner.

"Sorry."  I whisper lined with more confusion of why I need the bathroom for this.

"Over there to the left."  The woman points. 

My eyes dart over to a half demolished portable toilet that doesn't look as if it's been cleaned in years.  I swallow the bile that rose to my lips and shamelessly waddle over to the "bathroom."

As soon as I enter the bathroom I pull the box open, and stare blankly at the white plastic strip looking up at me.

Folded paper falls to the floor lined with the words test di gravidanza.  I flip the paper in search for English instructions, and then I find them.

"Result?"  The woman questions without looking at me.

"Still waiting."  I quickly respond as I pull my underwear down and try to think about the tricking of a waterfall.

After a dreadful two minutes with my head burried in my sweaty hands.  I finally pick up the test and brace myself for the results.

I swallow deeply before taking a look at the double line.

Double line.
Double line.

"Urrrm."  I whisper shout while holding open the cracked door slightly to poke the test out for the woman to clarify what I already know.

"Ooo~ congratulations!"  She practically screams.

"So I'm pregnant.  I'm having a baby?"  I question still in absolute disbelief.

"Yes!  Isn't it exciting."  She screams while jumping up and down.

"I...I want my husband."  I whisper as tears threaten to roll down my cheeks.

"Oh honey.  He's a Heiro,  he's coming for ya."  She quickly states with a wink before declaring me healthy to the man who took me away from my whole world.