Chapter 5- Into The Emerald Forest Part 2/3

Fifteen students stood bravely at the cliff's edge, their eagerness palpable as they prepared to venture into the alluring forest beyond. From their platforms, they surveyed the expansive wilderness ahead, undaunted and poised for whatever challenges awaited them. The sky was flawlessly clear, and a sense of anticipation electrified the air, infusing them with excitement for the journey ahead. It was the ideal moment for their initiation; their confidence and enthusiasm were unshakeable. The students stood poised and ready to tackle any obstacles and adventures ahead, knowing they possessed the courage and determination to triumph.

If only they had done it sooner.

Glynda: "He's late." Glynda sighed in frustration as she glanced at her scroll pad again, realizing that ten minutes had already elapsed since the initiation test had begun.

Ozpin: "Have patience, Glynda." He offered reassurance in a calming tone. "I'm sure that Mr (L/n) is running a little late. He should be arriving right about-"

"I'm Here!"

With a small smile, he and Glynda glanced ahead to see (Y/n) struggling to stand, his breath heavy and arms hanging down to his knees. His exertion was evident as his labored breathing echoed through the miniature microphone on his helmet, for all the other students to hear.

Glynda: "Where have you been?" she scolds him in her usual commanding tone. "The initiation was supposed to start ten minutes ago!"

(Y/n): "Well, it ain't my fault that we had to do it on the edge of a damn cliff, miles away from the school!" (Y/n) barks back in rage, further infuriating the already fuming Glynda.

Glynda: "Why you insolent little-"

Ozpin: "(Y/n), glad you could join us," Ozpin intercepts the storming Glynda, swiftly defusing the situation. "Please, step onto your platform between Miss Rose and Mr. Arc so that I can brief you all on the task at hand."

(Y/n): "Gee, thanks, Professor." With one final huff and a glance from the raging milf, (Y/n) promptly jogs to his platform without a doubt.

(Y/n): "What's up Arc, Ruby." He quickly nods to the two.

Ruby: "Morning, (Y/n)! You ready for this?" she chirped, pumping her fist with a determined look on her face. He chuckled.

(Y/n): "Ready as I'll ever be, Rose," he replied with his determined tone, though his expression was hidden behind his thick helmet.

Jaune: "Y-yeah! We got this." Jaune piped in with his own somewhat of a determined look. (Y/n) knowingly rolls his eyes.

Ozpin: "Ehem, children please pay attention." He calls out. "Now, for years you've been trained to become warriors, And today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Glynda: "Now I'm sure many of you all heard the rumors about the assignment of teams-"

(Y/n): "Yes ma'am," he admitted avidly, quickly offering a finger salute. Glynda shot him with yet another glare.

Glynda: "Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates..."

Everything was falling into place according to (Y/n)'s plan. The rumors had proven true, and the pieces were aligning just as he had anticipated. Now, all he needed to do was quickly ask Pyrrha, Blake, and Yang to join him on the same...

Glynda: "Today." With that single word, everything went awry, as if tossed out the window and set ablaze. It became apparent to (Y/n) how exactly he was getting his teammates, and he didn't like it one bit how it was going.

(Y/n): "...What?!"

Ruby: "Wha-."

Ozpin: "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you could work with." Ozpin further explained.