{Volume 1} Chapter 1- The Girl in the Red Hood

Ah, Vale. One of the four regions with the most beautiful sceneries ever given by the gods. I always wanted to live here when I would grow up and leave my home. Maybe even start my own business in one of the busier parts of the city. But unfortunately, dreams die hard.

Currently, night had fallen on the streets of Vale and fewer people were roaming around the streets than usual. I was currently leaning against a store called 'From Dust Till Dawn', waiting for my 'acquaintances' as I like to put it.

Now, I know what you thinking. 'Why am I standing by this specific store, Which is full of dust, waiting for these so-called acquaintances, in the middle of the night?'

Well, it is because we're gonna rob the damn thing. And this shop, unfortunately, runs 24/7.

And when I mean by we I mean my acquaintances are going to rob it. I'm just on lookout duty.

To be honest they would have been fine on their own. I still haven't packed for my trip to Beacon Academy. But he did say he would pay me extra for simply scouting the area out so, hey, free lien!

'Woah, you got into Beacon Academy?! One of the most prestigious combat academies there is? Where they train great huntsman and huntresses to fight Grimm' Yeah, yeah quit your yapping. It's that school. But, my intentions aren't what you think they are.

Suddenly, I got a call from the man you may all know him as...Roman torchwick.

???: "Hey torch, getting here anytime soon?"

Roman: "Shut up (Y/n), I still had to get some of juniors henchmen from the bar." He says annoyingly. "How's the area?"

(Y/n): "No cops, and no huntsman in sight. Pretty boring if you ask me."

Roman: "Just keep on the lookout and it will be over sooner than you think." He then hung up.

Ah, Roman, the dude has no idea I had been here for three hours now. Seriously my legs are killing me for just standing around. This was more of a waste of my time than anything else.

Without noticing, I felt someone had bumped into me. The impact felt light so I'm guessing it was a girl. Turning in that direction I found said girl on the ground who hit me. She wore a black long-sleeved blouse with a high collar and red trim on the sleeves, over which is a black waist cincher with red lacing up the front, and a matching skirt with red lining. I couldn't make out her face properly because it was covered by her red cloak.

???: "Oum, sorry!" She apologized in a rather high-pitched voice.

(Y/n): "Eh, don't be too hard on yourself. I should be the one to apologize." I then lend her a hand to reach. "What are you doing here anyway?"

She took the hand and dusted herself off. Once she had gotten up, I noticed her skin was pretty pale if not for her face being clear as days. She was even the height of a teen that was fourteen or fifteen? But I still couldn't figure out what her eyes were. The hood was still covering most of her face, but I certainly wasn't going to ask her to remove her hood like a cop would do.

???: "Thank you. And, I was going to go inside this store." She points to the shop behind me.

(Y/n): "At this hour?" I raised a brow at her, and she chuckled.

???: "There's just this new magazine that I really need to read!" She whined. "I couldn't wait until morning. The suspense could kill me!"

I really thought about it for a moment. On one hand, when I let her go in the shop, she might be taken hostage by Roman and his goons. And who knows what they could do to her. On the other hand. I wouldn't give a shit.

(Y/n): "Ok." I went back to leaning against the wall without a care.

Little Red Riding Hood then happily got into Grandpa's house to look over some magazines, not knowing the pack of wolves that would soon devour them both. The end.

Don't give me that look, I did question her. Was that not enough for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After some time, I finally spotted Roman and juniors henchmen strolling down the middle of the streets. People who were still in the streets were obviously terrified at the sight of him. As his goons made their way inside the shop, Roman approached me.

Roman: "So?"

(Y/n): "The streets are as clear as ever. You're free to do your business Roman." Roman huffed in response, reaching for his pocket.

Roman: "Here. Now get out of here." He then handed me about fifty lien.

(Y/n): "Hey, I said a hundred where's the rest?" I demanded

Roman: "Ugh, do you want it or not?" He forcibly gave me the lien and walked away. "I got a store to rob here."

As soon as Roman turned his back away, I immediately gave the bastard the sternest middle finger I could muster. I felt so mad, Do you have any idea how long I was standing by that damn dust shop like an idiot?! I was so angry in fact, I felt like I was about to throw a tantrum with (W/n) out.

Obviously, I had to keep my cool. I wasn't that rash, so I took a considerable amount of time standing by the dust shop, calming myself before making a trail back home. I just hope that bastard chokes on a dust crystal and explodes!!

As if my prayers were answered, I suddenly heard glass shatter behind me. On alert, I then retract (W/n) from my right arm and face my opponent. Fortunately, to my surprise, it was none other than Red Riding Hood herself knocking one of juniors men. She was carrying probably the deadliest weapon I've ever seen tinted in red. It was even well-customized to form some sort of rifle.

Quickly retracting my weapon, the rest of juniors henchmen came rushing out of the shop and towards the girl. Sadly, they would soon meet the same fate as their other friend. Roman too came out of the shop as he sternly looked at me.

Roman: "You said it was clear!" He yelled. I simply shrugged my arms, a huge smug smile forming underneath my helmet.

(Y/n): "Sorry Roman, But you should have paid me more!" I quickly ran away from the scene, Roman delivering some colorful language along the way.

That was certainly one thing I was not expecting from her. And I felt like that wasn't going to be the last. And I'm looking forward to it. But for now?

It was time to pack for Beacon.

Since this was starting to get some attention, I decided to make at least one chapter for your desires on our little cloaked friend. Don't worry DKOF readers (Different Kind Of World). Haven't given up the book yet. Chapter 6 is nearly finished, I assure you. Just wanted to do this for the fun of it. Enjoy and see you in the next one.