The Shadows (1/3)

I DO NOT OWN EMINENCE IN SHADOW, HOWEVER I DO OWN ANY OF THE ARTS SHOWN IN THESE FICS.

Viewer Discretion : This Special Chapter contains immense amounts of angst and suffering to the point it feels it's a suffering-porn. (THE SHADOWS) Chapters are a point of plot for the characters and there will be no more chapters like this in the future, it is only this once that we have such scenery. You may not like this special chapter because of it, you have been warned.

--------------------------------------------------------

Special Chapter 7 : The Shadows (1/3)

-----------------------------------------------------

A cold wind brushed by her golden forelocks as Alpha stood near a railing, leaning on it and sighing. The light sounds of footsteps came from behind her as Epsilon positioned herself next to her.

The co-founder of Shadow Garden looked dejected, depressed even. Simply looking into the distance and sighing to herself. She was in deep thought, despite their upcoming last mission.

Even with Epsilon next to her, she continued looking far off into the night sky.

Epsilon waited, the silence continued on for a while.

After ten minutes, neither did anything.

Alpha didn't say anything, nor did Epsilon. However the latter simply sighed to herself, preparing to ask her blonde friend's... Troubles.

"It's pretty cold up here, isn't it?" Epsilon asked, but it was more of a way to strike up a conversation, slowly building her way up before confronting Alpha.

"Mhm."

"This is our last mission against the Cult."

"True.."

"Alexia Midgar and Rose Orianna requested to join on this mission, why didn't you allow them?"

"...They had other duties."

"It won't be long until we get to Oshiana."

"...True.."

"..."

"..."

Epsilon sighed. Seeing that kicking around the bush wouldn't exactly get her any far, she simply decided to be blunt.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong? You've been awfully quiet for the past few days, it's making the rest of us worried." Epsilon asked worriedly.

Usually, if asked with something like this. Their co-founder/Leading member would immediately right herself up, being the perfect and graceful, Alpha, Second-in-command of Shadow. However, the blonde elf did not do any of that and remained lost in her thoughts.

"It's nothing.. Just some distracting thoughts." Alpha absentmindedly responded.

'Distracting thoughts my ass.'

Epsilon sighed again, she turned to see Beta and Gamma a good distance away from them. Both equally wore worried faces.

Why was their usually upright and perfect Head-in-command looking as if she'd just lost a date with Shadow-sama? Well that's because she did! A few weeks ago Shadow-sama had decided to travel off to Goddess knows where only he would know, straight up left when Alpha asked him out on a date.

Their suspicions were that he was already en route to deal with the last remaining cult members, which was confirmed just an hour ago.

How? By using the Long-distance communication artifact or what No.712 calls a 'Phone'.