A threat to her peace

I DO NOT OWN EMINENCE IN SHADOW, HOWEVER I DO OWN ANY OF THE ARTS SHOWN IN THESE FICTS.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4 : A threat to her peace

-----------------------------------------------------

It was time.

IT WAS TIME!

After a year and five months after Remilya's birth, and multiple grueling months of attempting to teach Remilya to speak, she was starting to form words!

Elizabeth could barely wait.

After the whole incident with Remilya nearly succumbing to her illness of lack of blood intake, they've started to feed her their blood every once in a while, while still having her eat normal human foods.

Much to Elizabeth's displeasure, Remilya had to drink blood or otherwise she would die, Elizabeth's decision of trying to stray her away from her nature as a vampire.. Or well, her nature as a dhampir made that an impossibility.

She would have to simply make sure her daughter did not grow a taste for human blood, she would have to simply limit her blood intake to either her or Mary's if possible, her Blood contained magic to an extent, and she could use that to keep her daughter in check.

But enough about the problematic issues, this Queen has something else to worry about, something more detrimental to whatever she's currently monologuing about.

It's getting Remilya to say 'Mommy' as her first word!

She spent more than seven months repeatedly saying the words 'Mommy' to little Remilya, trying to teach her to speak.

This... This is a must, failure is not an option! This Mommy shall get what she wants!

"Mary! Mary! Come here she's saying her first words!" Elizabeth hurried Mary to come to her side who was setting down the tray that had her Lady's and Young Mistress's food.

Mary dashed towards her Lady's side and also took a peek inside Remilya's cradle, she was just as excited as her Lady, she was excited for the young mistress's first words..

First words being 'Auntie' that is.. She also secretly had been teaching the young mistress to say the word in secret, call it mutiny but she knows she would never betray her Lady, but she also wasn't letting down on her young mistress's first words!

Unbeknownst to her, Elizabeth was aware of what Mary had been doing in secret, she simply thought it was adorable that her friend thought she could one up her.

Simply adorable .

"Come on dear! Say Mommy!" Elizabeth said while flashing a devious smile, her crimson eyes glowing towards Mary as she sent her a silent message.

Mary saw her Lady's knowing smile and made a dramatic silent gasp.

'My dear Mary, you're still too green to try and compete with me .'

'Uurk! I should have expected you would notice, My Lady!'

Sparks started to appear between the two as they deadlocked stares.

Both immediately turned to Remilya's cradle and immediately started repeating the words 'Mommy' and 'Auntie' to the child, causing the poor baby to be confused.

"Say Mommy!"

"No! Auntie!"

"Mommy!"

"Auntie!"