The One-sided Duel

Next Day.
3rd Pov.

As the sun went up in the horizon of the kingdom, the news about a Foolish Noble's Challenge to their Esteemed Guest had reached all of the residents of the Kingdom. Even reaching the ears of the neighbouring countries.

Inside the Marquisdom of The Gilded House, Gildard was in his office pacing back and forth with his hands on his head murmuring unintelligible words.

Gildard: Why the hell is none of them supporting me?! Even the nobles who used to lick my boots are nowhere to be found?!

Gildard in his infinite arrogance and ignorance challenged the one person whom the whole kingdom was pinning their hope on saving the crisis they were in.

And him doing this naturally made those who worked with him, or under him very annoyed and frustrated at the young head of the Gilded House. None wanted to be with him, in fear of getting accused of being his associates and getting themselves dragged in the chasm that Gildard has opened for himself.

His choice of putting his territory which naturally belongs to the Kingdom at stake in this match was the same as giving this land to an outsider. Whose consequence most would agree will lead into discord.

But Gildard blinded by all this, losing his irrationality if he had any, thought that the Nobles and the King Opposing him was because they were obviously controlled by that Bael.

So determined to become the 'hero' of the nation, he called for his servants to prepare his fighting equipments.

----

On the Table of his office, one by one his armour was being set by the maids, which at last was followed by his weapon which gave him the confidence for what he was doing.

A sword which was called the Monster's Bane. A family heirloom of his, passed down by generation upon generation. This sword had claimed the blood of countless monsters in its life.

Seeing the weapon, his army commander Boris couldn't help but ask.
Boris: Sire, I have never seen this sword before. What does it do?

Gildard: Boris, this is my family heirloom, the Monster's Bane. It is an A rank sword that can even harm a dragon with it. It only has a limitation, that it can only be used against monsters, for human it's only just a strong normal sword. That's why untill now you have never seen it.
And these armours are all B+, with Magic Buffs and enchantments together they have the same stats as an A rank would.

Boris: But, sire. If you had such an Armor and weapon, why didn't you participate in the Monster Control?

Gildard: Heh, as if I would. Those monsters although weak individually, are quite strong for even me to keep up with. I don't want to die, so I didn't participate. Besides, noone knew of this Weapon anyways.

Boris: Then are you confident that Bael is a Monster? What if he happened to be a human?

Gildard: You weren't there when he arrived or even in the feast, but standing beside him, my instincts screamed at me of a dangerous monster and I knew who that monster was. It was definitely that Bael.

Boris: Then what about his subordinates?

Gildard: No, Someone as beautiful as Miss Adrigal would never be a monster and as for the other  three, I don't know, Don't care.

Boris: .....  Could you reconsider? Going against someo-

Gildard: Silence! Who are you with!? Me!? Or that monster?!

Boris immediately Knelt,
Boris: Definitely You sire, i apologise for my misconduct.

Gildard: Go, i don't want to see your face anymore.