Generosity?

Carlos Pov.

Carlos was my name, the celebrated court mage of Gemmera. Born as a Commoner, I had seen all the darkness of the human side as well as the Light that could illuminate our path to salvation.

As a Commoner I faced many hardships in my journey to become a Mage, abandoning my house to go travel around the continent in search of Knowledge was a Grueling and Difficult task but the results were evident. I became a Powerful A Rank mage. Respected by even the nobles who would have Scorned and might have Sneered with disgust in the past, now Fighting to gain a favour from me.

Having been a Commoner myself, I had a Deep Determination to change the fate of the Common People, to give them a bright future for them and their children. To achieve this dream, i became the court mage of the king, which wasn't hard to obtain.

For years I had somewhat changed the life of the Common people, though much was left to be desired, the Interference of the Nobles who didn't want their 'employees' to become Independent was the main cause of this issue.

My relations with the previous kings was as close as a relationship between Mentor and Student would be, being a Century old mage serving the monarchs came with quite a few Experiences.

But except for the King and his family none know how old I am, I simply changed my appearance slightly every Half century to make it seem like my Child had taken over my seat as the Court Mage and the 'Old Father' had simply passed away.If everyone knew of my long lifespan, it would cause far more trouble than what few benefits i might gain.

Facing the Situation of Monster Infestation, our Kingdom was stuck on the Question of How to resolve the issue, because of the mines being the Major Financial Pillar of the kingdom, Tight security was maintained. So when the infestation started, it was promptly reported and the news stoped from spreading.

But it won't be long when people notice that the Metals and Gems had stoped coming and the issue will be known to all. This could lead to a panic which won't be good for us.

Finding no other solutions, i proposed the idea of Mining Magicule Crystals from the death lands to suppress the Monster Infestation and in the long run boost our military strength.

How could I had known that the seemingly unoccupied and Inhabitable Continent was home to These terribly powerful Beings.

As we entered and Passed through the Entrance, the Energy Bubble that protected us went away. At first we panicked but soon noticed that the magicule Poisoning that should have happened didn't.

Seeing us halt, Miss Aria there stoped.. seeing our expression she seemed to understand our doubts and said..

Aria: Don't worry, as long as you are inside the castle no negative effects can be applied on you.(But we can)

'What!? Meaning as long as you come down here you won't get debuffed? Does it work on buffs as well? This is Absurdly powerful, to be able to cast such a large scale magic one would need magicules reaching the realms of True Dragons! And to maintain it...'

The more i thought about it, the more deeper and darker the Abyss seems to get. The Strength of these beings are not something ordinary Kingdoms like us can dream of going against..

While these thoughts ran rampant in my mind and most probably the caption's too, we reached another door..a large double door which had carvings of an Unnerving Replica of Two dragons facing each other, the mere sight of them was as if they would pounce on us if given a chance..

The door opened to reveal the Grand And Imposing Throne room, supported by Opulent Pillars...a throne room truly suitable for someone Ruling This Castle...