Dazai shrugged before he turned to Ali again "So when did you find out about you ability again?" He asked.

Ali poked at the goo on the floor, and then quickly wiped it away "Not too long ago." She said, turning to face Dazai. Dazai simply stared at her, observing her face.

So she's only known about her ability for a while, but she seems to be good enough at controlling it. Even with the presidents help... Using her ability shouldn't be so easy for her. Not to mention that she was able to sneak up on me... What is she hiding?

After a moment of awkward silence Dazai cleared his throat. "I used to know someone who could summon something as his ability. I worked with him for a while, so I might be able to give some advice." He told Ali. 

Ali smiled "Thank you Dazai. You've been really helpful." Dazai simply smiled and patted her on the back "This is what Senpais are for right?" He said cheerfully.

Then his tone turned a little bit more serious "Maybe you could channel your characters spirt towards an object?" Then he followed up with another question "How does it feel when you become your characters?"

Ali pondered the last question for a while "It kind of feels like... Apart of me is exiting my body, and then it's replaced by something else..." She said to him.

Dazai nodded "Do you think you could replicate that experience onto another thing? Like an object you can use as a median?" He motioned at her bag as he said that.

Ali put her sleeve up to her chin for a moment before nodding. "Maybe..." She said.

Dazai smiled "Then go ahead!" He encouraged. His smile then turned a little bit softer "If you're worried about your ability malfunctioning, then just remember that I'm here."

Ali slightly tilted her head to the ground for a moment, before unrolling her left sleeve. Revealing a ring on her ring finger.

Dazai sputtered "Y-You're married?!" Ali quickly panicked as she shook her head "N-No!!! This is a gift from a childhood friend!!!" She said franticly. To which Dazai responded "SO ARE YOU MARRIED?!?!"

After a quick screaming session that resulted in Kunikida going outside just to yell at Dazai, and then going back into the agency, Dazai turned to Ali "So are you..?"

Ali motioned for Dazai to lower himself, which he did. Then she went onto her tippytoes and then slapped the top of his head "I'm not married!" She said angrily.

A/N: She's one cm taller then Chuuya...

Dazai whined from the hit and held his chest "You wound me Belladonna! And if you two aren't married, then why don't you just wear the ring on a different finger? Wearing your ring there could cause a lot of misunderstanding."

Ali sighed as she rubbed her head "I get it but... When she first gave the ring to me, she put it specifically on my ring finger. And I... Wanna keep it that way. So that I have a way of being connected to her." She said rubbing at the ring.

Dazai nodded sentimentally before he paused "Wait... She?"

There was a sudden wave of silence between the two. And when they returned to the agency after training there was a silent agreement to not say anything about the topic.

...

Ali grimaced at the memory, trying to remember what came after that. Dazai had told her to focus the characters into the ring, instead of into herself.

Okay. I got this. I have good enough control over this.

She let out a shaky breath as she closed her eyes, the entire truck was silent, with only the slight movements of the truck, and Atsushi's faint breathing.