•Shining Sun•

(Branch' Heart POV)

I felt a soft breeze flow through the entrance of the medicine den as my eyes blinked open. I stood up and stretched out with a big yawn. My tail flicked as I walked over to the shelves of herbs to see what I need more of.

I finished observing the scarce shelves before walking out of my den. I hear a familiar voice yowl out to me as I flicked my ear and turned.

"Branch, come join me for breakfast!" My brother, Crimson' Strike chirped.

I smiled brightly and prodded over to the large tom, grabbing a small squirrel from the prey pile in the process. I settled down by my brother and tucked my paws under my chest fur as I began to silently eat.

"So how has your morning been?" My brother perked up and asked. He had a gentle tone like most days and he had a soft aura feel coming from him.

"It's been good! Although I need to go grab more herbs today. I'll ask the leader to send a patrol." I mewed back. I always enjoy hanging out with my brother though most cats in the clan smothered him. There's even been cats in other clans that gained feelings for him. I feel bad since everyone is always drooling over him and it bothers him quite a lot.

"So how has your morning been?" I softly cooed. I watched as the tom finished his bite of his trout before looking at me.

"Well I woke up early and I got sent on a border patrol. Someone tried flirting with me yadayadayada the usual.." The tom huffed, rather unamused. I rolled my eyes and smiled again. My poor brother, cats always chasing him. Well I do know one who likes him but doesn't show it at all. She's so dense.

"Well I-" I was about to speak until I was interrupted by a small soft chirp.

"Hi guys!" The dusty brown she sat down by me with a small mouse.

"Hey Hazel!" I greeted Hazel' Moon with a soft purr. She was my best friend after all. I gave her a light nudge with my nose before we all broke out in conversation. Crimson would tell horrible joke as me and Hazel sat there laughing just at how bad they where. We all enjoyed the bright sunny morning eating our breakfast.

"Hey guys!" A voice cooed from behind us. I turned my head as I saw Sable'Glint prod over. I quickly turned away when I felt my face heat up a bit. I shuffled to my paws along with Hazel and my brother.

Hazel mewed and greeting and Crimson turned to him "Whatcha' need?" He questioned with a soft gaze.

"Smoke'Star wanted us to head out on a patrol to collect more herbs." The tom flicked his tail as he gave his scared paw a quick lick.

"Oh I almost forgot I needed more!" I chirped. I was so distracted by eating and hanging out with my friends that I forgot to remind the leader I needed an herb patrol. Seems like she's already on top of that though. I shook a bit of dust from my fur and shuffled my paws. I turned to guid the other cats out of camp so we can go collect herbs.

As the sun stood high up in the sky blazing onto my back, we started our small journey back to camp. My mouth was full of poppy's and yarrow and while the others had other herbs stuffed in their jaws. I quickly jolted to a stop once Crimson and Sable rolled out in front of me. The two toms spat at each other with their fur bristled but they had a playful in their eyes.

I sat down by Hazel as I watched the other two bounce around playing like kits who just left the nursery for the first time. A small giggle left my mouth as I watched them.

"I swear those two are still only apprentices in the body of warrior." Hazel snickered as he began to groom herself. I chuckled at her remark but I can't say she was wrong because she wasn't.