Spent my day on a light mood

Tina: Enjoy

Clint: How's your weekend gonna be?

Tina: Work-books-movies-work

         Have lots of works to do

Clint: Can I be of help?

Tina: Spare me that line

         You know you can't do anything 

Clint: C'mon I'm just trying to be a caring friend

Tina: Thanks Bro

         Except you are a magician, there's nothing you can do

Clint: Have I ever mentioned to you about my magical abilities?

Tina: Merlin or Legend of the Seeker, which one are you?

Clint: Albus Dumbledore's unknown grandson

“Guy, who are you chatting with like this?” Iyke called the attention of Clint, who was engulfed in his chat. He was too engrossed; he didn't hear him calling from the refrigerator to gist him.

“Nobody!” Clint answered, almost screaming, now facing Iyke who finally got his attention. 

His phone vibrated again.

Tina: Smh!

        Tell me more

Clint: Classified information 

          Not for muggles

He replied to her, while humming to Iyke's gist.

Tina: Lols [Laughing emoji with tears] 

         I need to go now

        Got some works to do

        Good night

Clint: Sleep tight

He attended to other messages, analysed and argued the match with Iyke afterwards.

Hours into the night, while watching a replay with Iyke, Clint discovered that Tina was still online. 

Clint: Still awake?

He messaged her.

Tina: Yeah

Clint: Still working?

Tina: Not really

        Watching videos

Clint: Ok

Tina: There is something I have been meaning to ask you 

Clint: What's that?

Tina: Never mind 

Clint: Go on 

         Say it

Tina: It's not important 

Clint: I insist 

Tina: Just forget I said that

Clint: You sound distant these days

         Is anything wrong?

Tina: No

Clint: You know you can tell me. 

         What's the problem?

Tina: Stop it

Clint: If you say so

Tina: Fine, 

         I have been meaning to ask you

Clint: Go on

Tina: Do you have plans for us?

Clint re-read the message to confirm he wasn't getting the message wrong. He lowered his hands and rested his back against the couch in an attempt to assimilate the message. Iyke's prophecy came to pass a little too quickly. The last thing he expected was this quick manifestation of prophecies.

Clint highlighted the message. 

Clint: I don't get 

Tina: Why are you sticking around? 

His thoughts ran from the day he first met her to the recent conversation he had with Iyke at the bar. He failed to define his interest in her like he earlier promised. He led her on. He felt guilty.

His reply to her question was as simple as no. He could deal with whatever he had for her, but he knew very well that it wouldn't go down well with her. How was he going to reply to her without making her feel bad? 

He turned to Iyke. He was pressing his phone. He couldn't bring himself to tell him about it. It happened too quickly. He stood up and left for his room. 

He lay on his mattress and opened the message again.

Clint: I'm sorry, I don't…

He typed and deleted, after deliberations.

Clint: I don't know how this makes you feel, but I don't.

         I'm sorry.

He cleared it again.

After several minutes of deliberations, he opted for the second option. He clicked on the send button and waited for a response. She was no longer online, but he waited for a response.

Clint: Are you there?

He typed but decided against sending it. He cleared it.

Tina: There is nothing to be sorry about

Tina replied, after what looked like forever moments of awkwardness, if there was such a thing on the Instant Messaging app. He tried to read her emotion and picture the disappointment on her face after she read the message through her response but failed. He thought about apologizing but decided against it. It was better to end the conversation in the manner it already was. 

*****
Pls vote and add to Libra. Gratias 🙏